Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland in October/November 2010

Auckland in October/November 2010

Old Jul 31st 2010, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

rainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nice
Default Auckland in October/November 2010

Hi there

me and my hubby (in our late 20s ish!) and baby girl(who will be One in oct), will be arriving 27th October.

My hubby is a sparky and will be doing the regs courses in Mt Wellington, then we are not sure where we will go from there? Not even booked accomm yet?pointers would be nice if anyone has any ideas.

would love to meet up with newbies or oldies

we are so so so excited and anxious!!

look forward to hearing from you

Rainy, Tom and Baby Lahni
Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

pedro0811 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Auckland in October/November 2010

Hi There

Me and my family (late 30's/early 40's) and 2 daughters (4 and 7 years old) will be moving to Auckland in September 2010, so would love to meet up when we're over.

Well done and good luck.

Take care

Julie
xxxx
Old Aug 17th 2010, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Ditto Pedro!

I have a baby daughter and she will be one next month! Blimey where did that year go?????

Let me know when you get here and we can arrange a meet up.

Debs
Old Aug 17th 2010, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

rainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nice

has everyone got their accom sorted?

visas?

Jobs?

shipping?

we have none of the above and have much to sort and much on our shoulders right now that and a very busy little girl crawling around!!

OMG!!!!

excited though lets see what happens
Old Aug 17th 2010, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of

Hi,

My hubs has been here since Oct 2008 and I have been here on and off since then. But here now permantly or until the next crisis happens over in the UK!

If you need any help just give me a shout as I have some free time and am over here so if you need anything just PM me.

So much to do it can get overwhelming, but you can and will get there!

Debs
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

DavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to all

Hi to all and ditto!

we are getting very excited too , heading to Auckland in Nov, Dave and I (late 30s /early 40s) and our 2 children Emily 9 and Ciaran 6

getting shipping quotes this week, ( how much stuff ! we need a 40ft container) just booked our flights for Nov 25th, house now on the market, trying to arrange to see as many friends as poss and also letting some know who dont already that we are going! My head is spinning

good luck with all your preps too and look forward to meeting up in sunny Auckland keep in touch !

Helen
Old Aug 18th 2010, 9:55 am
Just Joined

jayne1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Auckland in October/November 2010

Hi Everyone,

We have been here since 2003 and live in East Auckland, Botany area. We are mid 40,s feel in our twenties, not bad for oldies! We have 2 young men 21and 14 in our family, so can share experiences re schools, areas, jobs, where to shop, if anyone interested then let us know, more than happy to help you settle into kiwi life.

Jayne & Kevin Wilkinson
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived last Friday family of 3 in early 40s and a son aged 9. Although we are not new to NZ we are new to Auckland and would love to get to know people we are hoping to settle on the North shore
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,

Would love to meet up with you all.

How about a lazy Sunday lunch at the Viaduct one weekend? Auckland seems to be central?

Any other ideas of a get together?

Deb
Old Aug 18th 2010, 8:17 pm
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

Been in Auckland just over a year - came from Nottinghamshire - me 43 the Mrs thirty something, 2 lads 4 and 10 - I'm no expert but if anyone wants any advice based on our experiences just ask.. a beer on a Sunday afternoon wouldn't go amiss either.. when the rain stops anyway
Old Aug 19th 2010, 12:44 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point

Just inboxed you on FB Rainy... hope it helps

We're up for a meet-up whenever!
Old Aug 19th 2010, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Hi all, we've just arrived at Stanmore Bay at the moment, would love to meet up when ones arranged. (me 40's hubby, 30,s and one 16yr old daughter)

Jacki x