Auckland meetup

Old Mar 13th 2009, 1:59 am
Just Joined

ajayshah is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Auckland meetup

Hi,

where are all the Auckland users? I cannot seem to find any meetups in Auckland, surely there are some friendly people out there who fancy a drink, game of pool, round of golf...

my wife and I moved to Auckland about a month ago now, have been busy looking for work, which is not that easy in these conditions!

I (Ajay) am 30, and Kay, my wife is 27. we are living in the city centre at the moment..
I thought I would try and make an effort to get a meetup in Auckland going, seeing as there doesnt seem to be one currently..

if I see enough interest we can make a date for sometime towards the end of March maybe...

hopefully be speaking to some of you soon..
Old Apr 12th 2009, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

drcallycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Auckland meetup

Hi Ajay - we will be moving to Auckland in November so hoping there'll be some friendly people for me to chat to and to show me around a bit.

Keep me posted...

By the way, any advice on good areas to live. I'm going to be working at the Mason Clinic near Mount Eden.

Clare & Jim
Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ajay - There was a meet up but it dissapeared a couple of months ago, it was originally run by an American chap who decided he had run it for long enough (which is fair). It was via the Meetup web site. There is also a tramping group (very active) that meets monthly you will find details here http://hiking.meetup.com/171/
Hope this helps, I would offer to show you arround but we fly out to Tokyo then the UK for three months tomorrow - sorry ;-(
Claire and Jim - depends how much money you have for rent or purchase, Mt Eden is good place to live (can be crowded with the Chelsea Tractor and is a bit of a Nappy Valley), Kingsland is a bit more hip and nearer to the CBD. Remuera very nice but expensive. If you want to be close to the beach and only 20 minutes from Mt Eden then you can check out St Heliers, Kohimaramar or Mission Bay
Hope this helps
Old Apr 14th 2009, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

ajayshah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

thanks for the replies...
Claire n Jim- we are in the city centre still, but as soon as i get my visa confirmed i think we might look at moving to Ellerslie, its not overly expensive and a nice suburb not too far from the city, a bus takes about 15-20 to the sky tower. Why Novmeber? have you guys sorted out your PR already?
I have finally sorted a job out, so am waiting for my work to res visa to be sorted by immigration.. i only submitted the forms last week.. fingers x'd it shouldnt take more than a month to get...

we will still be here in november thats for sure.. look forward to hearing from you..

take care