Auckland meet up?

Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:20 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Mt Eden, Auckland
Posts: 5
thenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the rough
Default Auckland meet up?

Hi all
I'm really new to the site and have just moved with my husband to Mt Eden Auckland and wondered if anyone fancies gettiing together for drinks/picnic/walk/coffee in the next few weeks? I posted a thread in the intros board but not had a response yet....
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Helen
thenaisbos is offline  
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:46 pm
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
banshigirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Now Oratia, NZ
Posts: 243
banshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud ofbanshigirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Auckland meet up?

Hiya Helen,

We are not due over till May but will give you a shout then if you want to meet up?

How long you been in Auckland?

We are still at the looking for 'good area stage'!

Hubby has a job based in Aucklend but he will be travelling around a lot as he does site work.

Debi
banshigirl is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2008, 12:26 am
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
 
kwprwn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,631
kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Auckland meet up?

Theres a meet up at long bay next weekend 24feb approx 130 ish

Mainly families and little old me on my own (as hubby in Oz)

PM me for more info if you want

Dawn
kwprwn is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2008, 1:09 am
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Mt Eden, Auckland
Posts: 5
thenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the roughthenaisbos is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Auckland meet up?

Hi there
Thanks for the responses!
Debi - would love to meet up when you get over here in May. Have you any idea which area you would like to move to? We chose Mt Eden as that is where my hubby's job is based and we had heard that traffic can be quite bad (it doesn't seem that bad at all, but then, I am comparing it to central London where we've just come from). We are just renting at the mo and may move somewhere else when we get a feel for the place. We've only been here 3 weeks and it's flying by! Def get in touch when you get out here - how is the visa process going? Let me know if you need any help/advice on anything and I will try to help!
Dawn - thanks for letting me know about the meet up this weekend, I will try and make it and will send you a PM in a min for details. Hope you are doing ok with hubby in Oz.
Cheers
Helen
thenaisbos is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:35 am
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,820
UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auckland meet up?

Hi and welcome!

Just wanted to let you know that the meet-up Dawn mentioned has been postponed due to a few of us having something come up

It will be going ahead in a few weeks though and you're more than welcome to come along
UKNZAUS is offline  
Old Feb 19th 2008, 6:31 am
  #6  
BE Enthusiast
 
nero's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Mission Bay, Auckland
Posts: 649
nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auckland meet up?

Originally Posted by thenaisbos View Post
Hi there
Thanks for the responses!
Debi - would love to meet up when you get over here in May. Have you any idea which area you would like to move to? We chose Mt Eden as that is where my hubby's job is based and we had heard that traffic can be quite bad (it doesn't seem that bad at all, but then, I am comparing it to central London where we've just come from). We are just renting at the mo and may move somewhere else when we get a feel for the place. We've only been here 3 weeks and it's flying by! Def get in touch when you get out here - how is the visa process going? Let me know if you need any help/advice on anything and I will try to help!
Dawn - thanks for letting me know about the meet up this weekend, I will try and make it and will send you a PM in a min for details. Hope you are doing ok with hubby in Oz.
Cheers
Helen
Hi Helen

I work in Mt Eden Village - so if you fancy meeting up for coffee at say Circus Circus one lunch time, send us a PM and I will give you my work telephone number. Hope you are settling in well.
Hils
nero is offline  
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:39 am
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Glen Eden, Waitakere
Posts: 6
worsley has a spectacular aura aboutworsley has a spectacular aura aboutworsley has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Auckland meet up?

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl View Post
Hi and welcome!

Just wanted to let you know that the meet-up Dawn mentioned has been postponed due to a few of us having something come up

It will be going ahead in a few weeks though and you're more than welcome to come along
Hi, my girlfriend Anna and I would love to meet up with you sometime. We live in Glen Eden near Titirangi, but just let us know and we will sort something out.
worsley is offline  
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 4:44 am
  #8  
BE Forum Addict
 
kwprwn's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Auckland
Posts: 1,631
kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Auckland meet up?

Originally Posted by worsley View Post
Hi, my girlfriend Anna and I would love to meet up with you sometime. We live in Glen Eden near Titirangi, but just let us know and we will sort something out.
hi worsley

I live in west auckland, massey to be exact, so not to far up the road from u, its just me at the moment as waiting for visa for Oz at moment as hubby working over there

Visa people are evil

I cant type anymore so many errors and forgot to sign post

Dawn
kwprwn is offline  
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:22 am
  #9  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 14
nellyboo will become famous soon enoughnellyboo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Auckland meet up?

There is an Auckland expats event every month in CBD. I found it on www.meetup.com I've met some nice people there (including you Worsley!!! How random!!) I think the next one is the 1st week in March. see you there?
nellyboo is offline  
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:04 am
  #10  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: West Harbour, Auckland
Posts: 6
REAF07 will become famous soon enoughREAF07 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Auckland meet up?

Originally Posted by thenaisbos View Post
Hi all
I'm really new to the site and have just moved with my husband to Mt Eden Auckland and wondered if anyone fancies gettiing together for drinks/picnic/walk/coffee in the next few weeks? I posted a thread in the intros board but not had a response yet....
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Helen
Hey Helen!

We've been here since September and are living in West Harbour - not far from you.. We are also trying to find friends in the area to spend some time with and have chat and a laugh. Would really to get together some time,just let us know when your free...
REAF07 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.