British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Auckland meet up? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/auckland-meet-up-515343/)

thenaisbos Feb 18th 2008 8:20 pm

Auckland meet up?

Hi all
I'm really new to the site and have just moved with my husband to Mt Eden Auckland and wondered if anyone fancies gettiing together for drinks/picnic/walk/coffee in the next few weeks? I posted a thread in the intros board but not had a response yet....
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Helen

banshigirl Feb 18th 2008 9:46 pm

Re: Auckland meet up?

Hiya Helen,

We are not due over till May but will give you a shout then if you want to meet up?

How long you been in Auckland?

We are still at the looking for 'good area stage'!

Hubby has a job based in Aucklend but he will be travelling around a lot as he does site work.

Debi

kwprwn Feb 19th 2008 12:26 am

Theres a meet up at long bay next weekend 24feb approx 130 ish

Mainly families and little old me on my own (as hubby in Oz)

PM me for more info if you want

Dawn

thenaisbos Feb 19th 2008 1:09 am

Hi there
Thanks for the responses!
Debi - would love to meet up when you get over here in May. Have you any idea which area you would like to move to? We chose Mt Eden as that is where my hubby's job is based and we had heard that traffic can be quite bad (it doesn't seem that bad at all, but then, I am comparing it to central London where we've just come from). We are just renting at the mo and may move somewhere else when we get a feel for the place. We've only been here 3 weeks and it's flying by! Def get in touch when you get out here - how is the visa process going? Let me know if you need any help/advice on anything and I will try to help!
Dawn - thanks for letting me know about the meet up this weekend, I will try and make it and will send you a PM in a min for details. Hope you are doing ok with hubby in Oz.
Cheers
Helen

UKNZAUS Feb 19th 2008 3:35 am

Hi and welcome!

Just wanted to let you know that the meet-up Dawn mentioned has been postponed due to a few of us having something come up :eek:

It will be going ahead in a few weeks though and you're more than welcome to come along :thumbsup:

nero Feb 19th 2008 6:31 am

Originally Posted by thenaisbos (Post 5951595)
Hi there
Thanks for the responses!
Debi - would love to meet up when you get over here in May. Have you any idea which area you would like to move to? We chose Mt Eden as that is where my hubby's job is based and we had heard that traffic can be quite bad (it doesn't seem that bad at all, but then, I am comparing it to central London where we've just come from). We are just renting at the mo and may move somewhere else when we get a feel for the place. We've only been here 3 weeks and it's flying by! Def get in touch when you get out here - how is the visa process going? Let me know if you need any help/advice on anything and I will try to help!
Dawn - thanks for letting me know about the meet up this weekend, I will try and make it and will send you a PM in a min for details. Hope you are doing ok with hubby in Oz.
Cheers
Helen

Hi Helen

I work in Mt Eden Village - so if you fancy meeting up for coffee at say Circus Circus one lunch time, send us a PM and I will give you my work telephone number. Hope you are settling in well.
Hils

worsley Feb 22nd 2008 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl (Post 5951954)
Hi and welcome!

Just wanted to let you know that the meet-up Dawn mentioned has been postponed due to a few of us having something come up :eek:

It will be going ahead in a few weeks though and you're more than welcome to come along :thumbsup:

Hi, my girlfriend Anna and I would love to meet up with you sometime. We live in Glen Eden near Titirangi, but just let us know and we will sort something out.

kwprwn Feb 22nd 2008 4:44 am

Originally Posted by worsley (Post 5967345)
Hi, my girlfriend Anna and I would love to meet up with you sometime. We live in Glen Eden near Titirangi, but just let us know and we will sort something out.

hi worsley

I live in west auckland, massey to be exact, so not to far up the road from u, its just me at the moment as waiting for visa for Oz at moment as hubby working over there

Visa people are evil:D

I cant type anymore so many errors and forgot to sign post

Dawn

nellyboo Feb 22nd 2008 7:22 am

There is an Auckland expats event every month in CBD. I found it on www.meetup.com I've met some nice people there (including you Worsley!!! How random!!) I think the next one is the 1st week in March. see you there?

REAF07 Mar 3rd 2008 7:04 am

Originally Posted by thenaisbos (Post 5950579)
Hi all
I'm really new to the site and have just moved with my husband to Mt Eden Auckland and wondered if anyone fancies gettiing together for drinks/picnic/walk/coffee in the next few weeks? I posted a thread in the intros board but not had a response yet....
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Helen

Hey Helen!

We've been here since September and are living in West Harbour - not far from you.. We are also trying to find friends in the area to spend some time with and have chat and a laugh. Would really to get together some time,just let us know when your free...:thumbsup: