British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Auckland Marathon - 1st Nov (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/auckland-marathon-1st-nov-637904/)

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 28th 2009 9:41 am

Auckland Marathon - 1st Nov

So which of us mad fools are taking part in this event & what distance are you doing?

I'm doing the 10.5km which originally I planned to walk/run but due to damaging the lateral meniscus in my right knee, I'm going to have to walk it all:frown:. I haven't managed to do much in the way of training but I've been walking since I was quite small, so I'm hoping that my feet know what they should do by now :fingerscrossed:;)

Good luck to all. I'm not looking forward to the early start & I'm hoping for good weather. Why oh why did I enter this :confused:

Am Loolah Oct 29th 2009 2:16 am

Re: Auckland Marathon - 1st Nov

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 8051148)
So which of us mad fools are taking part in this event & what distance are you doing?

I'm doing the 10.5km which originally I planned to walk/run but due to damaging the lateral meniscus in my right knee, I'm going to have to walk it all:frown:. I haven't managed to do much in the way of training but I've been walking since I was quite small, so I'm hoping that my feet know what they should do by now :fingerscrossed:;)

Good luck to all. I'm not looking forward to the early start & I'm hoping for good weather. Why oh why did I enter this :confused:

You will love it hun!:thumbup: I felt so proud of myself doing the Taupo half-marathon and am currently looking for another to do.:confused:

Pretty sure Matewx is doing the full marathon.

Good luck to you both and anyone else.:wub:

BEVS Oct 29th 2009 5:36 am

Speaking of which , where is he. He needs winkling out of his pit. :sneaky:

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 29th 2009 8:48 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8053703)
Speaking of which , where is he. He needs winkling out of his pit. :sneaky:

Seems to have snuck off :sneaky::(

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 29th 2009 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah (Post 8053393)
You will love it hun!:thumbup: I felt so proud of myself doing the Taupo half-marathon and am currently looking for another to do.:confused:

Pretty sure Matewx is doing the full marathon.

Good luck to you both and anyone else.:wub:

Thanks love, though I'm not sure I will enjoy it :unsure:

hosebergine Oct 29th 2009 8:57 am

I'm doing the quarter marathon too :thumbup:

I've lived by the beginners training plan on their website right up until last weekend when I got a rubbish virus and cold thing which has wiped me out. Up and running again now but I don't think Paula Radcliffe has anything to worry about :lol:

So, vitalstats are you up for more running? I'm teetering on the edge of joining the marathon club and knocking out a few 10kms in the Run Auckland series.

Matewx Oct 29th 2009 9:03 am

Here I am... :D

Missed me?? ;)

I am indeed running on Sunday... However, the Half Marathon will be enough on this occasion!

I have had to up my running the past few weeks & at the same time tourists have decided to start coming back in Auckland & particularly my hotel... So been busy busy I have...

I shall report back on Sunday arvo n update you all with my time... Let's hope I don't make a fool of myself :sneaky: Now, there's a thought! :rolleyes:

Good luck to you Vitalstatistix...

Think of us who have to cross the harbour for a 6.45 am start :eek::eek: am looking at the 5:45 ferry, so up at 4/4:15 :thumbdown:

Who else is running??

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 29th 2009 9:17 am

Originally Posted by Matewx (Post 8054018)
Here I am... :D

Missed me?? ;)

I am indeed running on Sunday... However, the Half Marathon will be enough on this occasion!

I have had to up my running the past few weeks & at the same time tourists have decided to start coming back in Auckland & particularly my hotel... So been busy busy I have...

I shall report back on Sunday arvo n update you all with my time... Let's hope I don't make a fool of myself Now, there's a thought!

Good luck to you Vitalstatistix...

Think of us who have to cross the harbour for a 6.45 am start :eek: am looking at the 5:45 ferry, so up at 4/4:15 :thumbdown:

Who else is running??

Thanks mate :thumbup: & Thanks to Hosebergine too :thumbsup: Not sure I'm upto any running yet. Got an appointment with an orthopod a week Friday. Hoping he will operate on my knee :fingerscrossed:. I've never been much of a runner TBH, boobs tend to get in the way :eek: (even when well-supported).

We are leaving Gulf Harbour at 5.15am :scaredhair:

& yes I missed you Matewx:wub:

lardyl Oct 29th 2009 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 8054034)
We are leaving Gulf Harbour at 5.15am :scaredhair:

Blimey that's a bit of a warm up, if I'm driving past you down SH1 I'll give you a toot! :rofl:

hosebergine Oct 29th 2009 9:27 am

What time are you aiming to get to CBD then vitalstats?

My OH is 'delighted' at the prospect on an early start. I can placate my 4yr old with the bouncy castle that is rumored to be there and my 15mth old will be happy as long as there's something to eat. I guess OH will have to make do a nap when we get back home or just enjoy the lycra-fest!!

As for your boobs, getting in the way - You're not supposed to run on your boobs :eek:

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 29th 2009 9:33 am

Originally Posted by lardyl (Post 8054048)
Blimey that's a bit of a warm up, if I'm driving past you down SH1 I'll give you a toot! :rofl:

Meany, give us a lift :p

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 29th 2009 9:38 am

Originally Posted by hosebergine (Post 8054049)
What time are you aiming to get to CBD then vitalstats?

My OH is 'delighted' at the prospect on an early start. I can placate my 4yr old with the bouncy castle that is rumored to be there and my 15mth old will be happy as long as there's something to eat. I guess OH will have to make do a nap when we get back home or just enjoy the lycra-fest!!

As for your boobs, getting in the way - You're not supposed to run on your boobs :eek:

That's what happens with gravity when you get to my age:blink:

I think we should be there at about 6am. Four of us going in the same car of which 3 of us are taking part. One of the gang works in the CBD & we'll be using her carpark. Then our gym will be putting up a gazebo for afterwards & we are taking some food with us. I've been told to make cake!!!!

My OH is remaining in bed:frown:

Matewx Oct 29th 2009 9:57 am

I shall hang around the 2XU since I joined the 2XU team & will be proudly wearing my black 2XU T Shirt :)

MnB Oct 29th 2009 2:53 pm

Good luck you brave souls!!:thumbsup:
Admire you all for having a go....if only my old joints would let me...ahhh!;)
B x

scrubbedexpat094 Oct 29th 2009 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 8054737)
Good luck you brave souls!!:thumbsup:
Admire you all for having a go....if only my old joints would let me...ahhh!;)
B x

Thanks muchly :thumbup:

Matewx, I shall look out for you ;) I shall be with the Inshape Studio team. Not sure whether I shall wear there T-shirt or the official race one. Decisions, decisions.