Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland Golfers ?

Auckland Golfers ?

Old Nov 15th 2010, 11:24 pm
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of
Lightbulb Auckland Golfers ?

Anyone interested in scooping big lumps of soil out of the ground .. sorry, having a causal 9 holes (at somewhere like Ellerslie Racecourse or similar) on a Saturday/Sunday morning now the weathers nice - I play casually, no handicap or anything.... if anyone is up for it maybe a week or twos time ?
Old Nov 17th 2010, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auckland Golfers ?

Just Crazy Golf here.
Old Dec 20th 2010, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

I've just seen this but would be interested if you are still looking.

Would have to be Sundays for the moment though, as I work Saturdays. I don't own any gear, so somewhere where I can rent is required. I am just a causal whack the ball & hope for the best person too!
Old Dec 20th 2010, 6:04 pm
bga
Forum Regular

bga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud ofbga has much to be proud of

Hi Gizmo,
Sound good to me pal, got a couple of other Poms and a Kiwi making interested noises (none of whom can really play i have to add) and a Sunday morning knock about would work for me just fine... it'll have to be in the new year now i would guess now due to Xmas/New Year etc etc.. I'm back in Blighty until the 18th Jan so the 23rd Jan onward is good for me - was thinking initially of the 9 holer at Ellerslie Racecourse just to get started then maybe something a bit more adventurous later if all goes well - they do club hire there, will PM you also. Cheers
Al
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Gizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the roughGizmo27 is a jewel in the rough

Sweet. Sounds good to me, but give us a ping when you are back in NZ to confirm!

Enjoy the UK & I hope you don't get tooooo snowed in!
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

rogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gizmo27
I've just seen this but would be interested if you are still looking.

Would have to be Sundays for the moment though, as I work Saturdays. I don't own any gear, so somewhere where I can rent is required. I am just a causal whack the ball & hope for the best person too!
Never played golf, so don't have any gear or any idea. But prepared to give it a go for the chance to learn.
Old Jan 2nd 2011, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Arrow Re: Auckland Golfers ?

Originally Posted by bga
Anyone interested in scooping big lumps of soil out of the ground .. sorry, having a causal 9 holes (at somewhere like Ellerslie Racecourse or similar) on a Saturday/Sunday morning now the weathers nice - I play casually, no handicap or anything.... if anyone is up for it maybe a week or twos time ?
I land in Hamilton in March...the clubs are coming alongside not in the ship..........give me a shoutin march lol........john
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

mcgarnagle will become famous soon enoughmcgarnagle will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bga
Hi Gizmo,
Sound good to me pal, got a couple of other Poms and a Kiwi making interested noises (none of whom can really play i have to add) and a Sunday morning knock about would work for me just fine... it'll have to be in the new year now i would guess now due to Xmas/New Year etc etc.. I'm back in Blighty until the 18th Jan so the 23rd Jan onward is good for me - was thinking initially of the 9 holer at Ellerslie Racecourse just to get started then maybe something a bit more adventurous later if all goes well - they do club hire there, will PM you also. Cheers
Al
Hi Lads,

Chalk me down for some of this too - just invested in a set of clubs and am keen to get out of the house and away from the bird for a few hours at the weekend!! I don't have a handicap but love a game and a beer afterwards!
Old Jan 21st 2011, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Auckland Golfers ?

Looks like there is a good golfers repsponse here. I have been playing for a year now, not established a handicap or anything just enjoy walking miles and striking balls into oblivion..............hopefully now the other half has secured a job it wont take me long and we can get to NZ for March.........clubs will be with the cases lol
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 2:38 am
bga
Forum Regular

excellent.. got a bit of a posse going on eh ?.... just got back from England and fighting the old jetlag.. not that the weather has been conducive to golf by the look of it.. will pop a few PM's off over the next day or so and hopefully get together this weekend if ok.. John - lets hope theres a bit of a club (sorry) going on by the time you guys land , Al
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

craigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant future

Like the sound of this.

Landing in early March albeit with clubs following about 10 weeks behind me. Borrowing some will just enable me to blame something else for my performances.

Will keep an eye on this thread and drop back in touch when arrived. Regards handicap...let's not go there!

Happy swinging!!
Old Jan 25th 2011, 5:26 am
bga
Forum Regular

PM's pinged off.. any more takers .. hopefully get together this/next weekend for an hour or two .. we'll see
Old Jan 30th 2011, 6:53 pm
bga
Forum Regular

.. off and running.. first round out of the way ..
Old Feb 6th 2011, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

rogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bga
.. off and running.. first round out of the way ..
Thanks for the chance to perform so poorly at golf. That is, apart from my one thirty yard putt. At least I know that my golf wear was in keeping... I mean we could be twins.
Attached Thumbnails Auckland Golfers ?-twins.jpg  
Old Feb 6th 2011, 7:52 pm
bga
Forum Regular

... lol .. heres the scorecards...

Week1 - http://esc.mydroidsoft.com/s.php?s=4d44d8fdbb90d

Week2 - http://esc.mydroidsoft.com/s.php?s=4d4de2e760fe9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.