Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland flat mate share

Auckland flat mate share

Old Oct 6th 2016, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Shirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to all
Default Auckland flat mate share

Good Evening (in the UK),

Can anyone offer advice when looking for a flat share from the UK. I am in the final stage of recruitment for a job in NZ. Should I get this I have 12 months to relocate. Going over for a holiday before hand to sort accommodation wont be possible.

How safe is it to organise a room before I fly over. Payment via bank transfer etc?

If I am not happy with the accommodation when I arrive I can always search for alternative down the line.

Oh,

Anyone on here who works for department of Corrections?
Old Oct 7th 2016, 8:02 am
Just Joined

shelloil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Auckland flat mate share

working for serco
Old Oct 7th 2016, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly better to book into a Motel for a couple of weeks then scout locally.

This is the advice for anyone looking for a rental - very hard to know how good/bad an area is before you arrive.

There may also be flat shares on the notice board at work.
Old Oct 7th 2016, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Shirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to all

Yeah been checking websites. That might be a good option
Old Oct 13th 2016, 5:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Shirrom
Yeah been checking websites. That might be a good option
Talk to the HR dept. As accredited employers , they should hopefully be able to guide you on this.

AirBnB might be an option
Old Oct 13th 2016, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Tried here?

Flatmates wanted in Auckland | Trade Me
Old Oct 13th 2016, 10:46 am
Just Joined

Jay30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you decided when you're likely to move out there in those 12 months?
Old Oct 13th 2016, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Looking to move over should all go well with the recruitment next September.

Possibly book a hotel for 2 weeks and then search that was as people have suggested...