British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Auckland - family friendly hotel with swimming pool. Any thoughts please? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/auckland-family-friendly-hotel-swimming-pool-any-thoughts-please-793965/)

MrsFychan Apr 14th 2013 8:25 pm

Auckland - family friendly hotel with swimming pool. Any thoughts please?

Hoping to have a little road trip and looking for family friendly hotel one that has a swimming pool for the kids.
any ideas/recommendations?

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 14th 2013 10:46 pm

Re: Auckland

Are you wanting Central Auckland Mrs F or elsewhere? We got a great deal at The Langham last December going through wotif. Has an open-air swimming pool & a wee spa area. It's not in the downtown area but has a shuttle bus to & from the Viaduct basin area.

The only other hotel I've stayed at in the City is the Hilton. This also had an outside lap pool (not as nice as at The Langham). But it was a great place to stay. Wotif.com do some great offers for Auckland hotels.

MrsFychan Apr 14th 2013 11:22 pm

Re: Auckland - family friendly hotel with swimming pool. Any thoughts please?

anywhere really as not been before and think we will probably drive up,
Will have a look at both them. thanks

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 15th 2013 12:00 am

When are you coming? Just had a look at the Ramada Orewa @ The Nautilus. Approx 30mins north of Auckland, has some great views & Orewa Beach is lovely. Some great wineries Matakana way & there's the hot springs at Waiwera.

Lots of regional parks out this way - Shakespear, Wenderholm, Tawharanui & Mahurangi. I'm a bit biased to the Hibiscus Coast though.

There will be lots of family friendly places on the North Shore too but I haven't stayed there so I can't help. Sure others will be along who will be able to :fingerscrossed:

MrsFychan Apr 15th 2013 12:51 am

looking to go over the school holiday. want to stay around the CBD as not done it and only have a couple of days because hubby is a slave to work :frown:

Looking at the Pullman at the moment

MrsFychan Apr 15th 2013 1:49 am

but now looking at Abaco on Jervois and Bella Vista.

You can see I have no idea :o

MrsFychan Apr 15th 2013 8:27 am

well everything changed as Hubby decided he wanted to go here there and everywhere but all booked up now :thumbup:

BEVS Apr 16th 2013 11:58 pm

What was the final decision?

MrsFychan Apr 17th 2013 2:19 am

went completely other way, no hotel just one of the motor inns. but think it has a pool but can't really remember as hubby kept changing his mind on what he wants to do.