Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Auckland drivers (again!)

Auckland drivers (again!)

Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Auckland drivers (again!)

Lovely article in the Herald today

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10493084

Nice to see the poms getting some credit for a change
Old Feb 18th 2008, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

chasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant futurechasandange has a brilliant future
Default Re: Auckland drivers (again!)

yep that is nice to see about the pomes, it is true all that was put in the papers, we deserve our moment of glory in the paper as we do drive with common sense i think they could do with
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

its very true,Kiwis have no consideration for anyone else,either on the roads or pedestrians trying to cross...

the amount of times i have seen kids standing in the middle of the roads trying to cross,and no one stops to let them cross.... i always stop when kids are in the middle of the road,but there have been times when the car behind has just overtook:curse:

its the same with this stupid give way rule when you are turnig left,the cars behind just overtake........jacky
Old Feb 18th 2008, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

I am glad the Herald brought this up. It is still my biggest gripe in NZ....something I started a thread on. Hopefully this brings it more to light in the public eye now.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahw

How many road deaths in Auckland over the weekend sarah ?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:13 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bellasmum
How many road deaths in Auckland over the weekend sarah ?
must be all the Pomms driving in Auckland that weekend
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

In my umble opinion, ye can't go fast enugh in Auckland to kill yeself, its too bunged up! All t'deaths darn sarf!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:45 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

Originally Posted by lardyl
must be all the Pomms driving in Auckland that weekend
knob
Old Feb 18th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahw

Quote..we were a nation of lousy drivers.......(I think he meant are instead of were!!)

Never were a truer word typed. I have been to many countries in my time and never have I come across such arrogant, rude and downright dangerous drivers. They are utterly appalling. I love NZ and I like kiwis, but stick a steering column betwixt their legs and men and women alike become beelzeebub incarnate. I will not drive at night and I keep my travelling to a minimum. I have young children and I do not want them to die at the hands of one of NZ's many reckless drivers. Its my one and only real gripe and area of moaning about life in NZ.

And driving at 15 with non-mandatory insurance????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????:curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Quote..we were a nation of lousy drivers.......(I think he meant are instead of were!!)

Never were a truer word typed. I have been to many countries in my time and never have I come across such arrogant, rude and downright dangerous drivers. They are utterly appalling. I love NZ and I like kiwis, but stick a steering column betwixt their legs and men and women alike become beelzeebub incarnate. I will not drive at night and I keep my travelling to a minimum. I have young children and I do not want them to die at the hands of one of NZ's many reckless drivers. Its my one and only real gripe and area of moaning about life in NZ.

And driving at 15 with non-mandatory insurance????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????:curse::curse::curse::curse:
Yep, that is just crazy!!

I just potter about during the day so I dont come across too much bad driving, but what I do come across is just ignorant and oblivious.

My OH (Fire Fighter) was called out to a crash last year where a local woman was driving back to Beachlands in the dark after doing her grocery shopping. Some idiot overtook on a bend and hump and smashed into her killing her. He was a youngish lad driving a fast car. Was my OHs first fatality.... no doubt it wont be the last.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:21 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

At last

I posted several thoughts on this topic here on BE and got blasted from the many blinkered members.

We were in Scotland for a month this year and the driving was amazing, in that time (and we drove a lot) I probably had to use the hooter twice.

Got out of Auckland airport ( on the return) and in the car, within 3 minutes there was some as##le up my rear in a hurry to get nowhere fast or prove what a small penis he has with his v8 super car with go faster, zero brain, personal number plate like SSGUY

The Kiwi driving in nothing short of appalling and considering (I have also said this before) that tourism is a very big part of the NZ economy the prats that are (supposedly ) running the country should get a handle on this – and fast.

If you care to read the comments, the one overseas visitor that said they constantly felt threatened on the roads here.

Personally as a first up is they need to get these flipping hoons off the road ASAP

Next is to sort out the truck drivers (I see them all the time every day – so where are the police?) and the total wrecks that are on the road here. Airbrakes need to become more popular for heavy trucks.

Read the comment from the Kiwi that was driving here with his pregnant wife and baby in the car – totally disgusting

Bottom line:
The attitude and disrespect towards others reflects a bigger picture of New Zealand and the fact that NOTHING is getting done about it is way past the sell-by date.

You just have to look at the way cars get parked here and the total lack of respect for other road users that also need a space. The attitude is I am taking two spaces and I don’t care.

New Zealand has to WAKE UP
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:23 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB
Yep, that is just crazy!!

I just potter about during the day so I dont come across too much bad driving, but what I do come across is just ignorant and oblivious.

My OH (Fire Fighter) was called out to a crash last year where a local woman was driving back to Beachlands in the dark after doing her grocery shopping. Some idiot overtook on a bend and hump and smashed into her killing her. He was a youngish lad driving a fast car. Was my OHs first fatality.... no doubt it wont be the last.
What did the court rule ???????????

Slap on the wrist perhaps :curse:
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Campbells
What did the court rule ???????????

Slap on the wrist perhaps :curse:
No idea... last news I heard was that the driver was still in hospital. I also heard that the family who lost their wife and mother have decided to move as it is too painful for them to remain here. I havn't heard anything else. There are still flowers being put on the side of the road for her... so sad and so unnecessary.... for the sake of showing off or getting somewhere 30 seconds quicker??
Old Feb 18th 2008, 8:33 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Genesis

We are on the North Shore of Auckland and there is close to zero public transport at night, so what are the options

We would love to catch the ferry into town from gulf harbour but the last one is at 6.30 and a cab back from the city is nearly $150.

The new northern bus thing is great but hell, there are new road lanes that are not getting used, why not open these up to taxis and ease the traffic flow.

For me this is an example of how Kiwis can not get their s**t together and the deaths on the roads are frightening
Old Feb 18th 2008, 9:11 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Well I know happynz will back me up on this. I challenge all of you to go and drive in the US for ... oh, a day or two should do it.

Then you'll know what ****ing awful driving is!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.