British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Auckland Airport to the City (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/auckland-airport-city-656778/)

Seacaptain Feb 26th 2010 6:07 am

Auckland Airport to the City

Hi all,

We arrive just before midnight in Auckland and have a hotel book in the city. We've never been before so was wondering what's the best way to get there from the airport. I've seen lots of airport shuttles, but is taxi an option or is it too expensive?

Many thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

crap coffee Feb 26th 2010 6:32 am

Re: Auckland Airport to the City

catch a bus.

cappuccino Feb 26th 2010 7:20 am

How many of you are there? As you pay per person for the shuttle, it is generally more cost effective to get a taxi as long as you don't have too much luggage.

Seacaptain Feb 26th 2010 9:05 am

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 8376678)
How many of you are there? As you pay per person for the shuttle, it is generally more cost effective to get a taxi as long as you don't have too much luggage.

Just 2 adults!

teeym Feb 26th 2010 10:47 am

We got one of the shuttle buses - couldn't fault it. Waiting outside the airport, straight on and away to the hotel - nice and cheap too if booked in advance. Although you will almost certainly go around the houses to drop others off first, which is where a taxi comes into its own. You pays your money, you takes your choice!

Not sure if the bus to the centre runs at that time of night?

owen Feb 27th 2010 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Seacaptain (Post 8376568)
Hi all,

We arrive just before midnight in Auckland and have a hotel book in the city. We've never been before so was wondering what's the best way to get there from the airport. I've seen lots of airport shuttles, but is taxi an option or is it too expensive?

Many thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

A cab will be about $70 to the city. Supershuttle are advertising on the radio at $25 at the mo, but I've never used them to vouch the service.

Matewx Feb 27th 2010 8:17 am

Originally Posted by Seacaptain (Post 8376846)
Just 2 adults!

For two, Supershuttle will cost you $37 - I like them coz you catch them out of the terminals n they take you to your address/hotel no hassle! Dont know about any promotion as mentioned above!

Airbus (which now runs 24hrs) will cost you $32 - Now easy to find from the terminals BUT depends a lot on where is your hotel!

Taxi - will cost you up $70 (Had some guest paying even more...) so keep away (unless u have the $$ to spare n keep the economy going!!)

Seacaptain Feb 27th 2010 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Matewx (Post 8379107)
For two, Supershuttle will cost you $37 - I like them coz you catch them out of the terminals n they take you to your address/hotel no hassle! Dont know about any promotion as mentioned above!

Airbus (which now runs 24hrs) will cost you $32 - Now easy to find from the terminals BUT depends a lot on where is your hotel!

Taxi - will cost you up $70 (Had some guest paying even more...) so keep away (unless u have the $$ to spare n keep the economy going!!)

Thanks everyone - shuttle it is!

theduke Mar 1st 2010 7:28 am

As soon as you sit in the shuttle it needs to leave full or not within 5mins, I would highly recommend shuttle, taxi too expensive, good luck!:thumbup: