Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Ash1 clan have landed

Ash1 clan have landed

Old Dec 10th 2006, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ash1 clan have landed

Hello all,

After nearly a year of ups and downs , we have finally arrived.
We sold the house and within the week we are here. We stopped over in Los Angeles for 2 nights to recover both physically and emotionally. I don`t think I realised what effect us leaving would have on our friends. Very emotional.However our kids ,so far, have taken it in there stride.
We are in Taradale at the moment , checking out the place. We really like the look of Havelock North. We can see ourselves settling here. Maybe rent for 6 months before buying.
We are off up to Papamoa to house sit for a mate next week until the new year. We were originally going to settle there but since seeing HN, we are now undecided. We will make up our minds once in Papamoa.
I would just like to thank everyone who has had any input into this site. Good and bad alike. I have had more information from here than anywhere else. Now we are here we will continue to read and hopefully be able to answer some of peoples questions.
Until then
Cheers
Ash
Old Dec 10th 2006, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ash1 clan have landed

Good Luck
Old Dec 10th 2006, 12:39 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash1
Hello all,

After nearly a year of ups and downs , we have finally arrived.
We sold the house and within the week we are here. We stopped over in Los Angeles for 2 nights to recover both physically and emotionally. I don`t think I realised what effect us leaving would have on our friends. Very emotional.However our kids ,so far, have taken it in there stride.
We are in Taradale at the moment , checking out the place. We really like the look of Havelock North. We can see ourselves settling here. Maybe rent for 6 months before buying.
We are off up to Papamoa to house sit for a mate next week until the new year. We were originally going to settle there but since seeing HN, we are now undecided. We will make up our minds once in Papamoa.
I would just like to thank everyone who has had any input into this site. Good and bad alike. I have had more information from here than anywhere else. Now we are here we will continue to read and hopefully be able to answer some of peoples questions.
Until then
Cheers
Ash
Wheeeeee! Lucky you! Many congratulations on getting you and your family over to NZ. Just looked to see where Taradale is. Nice to be in Hawke's Bay! Are you in the wine trade? What kind of work do you have lined up?
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ash1 clan have landed

Good for you all!

Some welcome to NZ Karma sent!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 2:31 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to NZ
Just keep your precious money in your wallet/bank account until you are ready to make an informed decision and aren't so green.
Do not feel rich!
Do not convert dollars to pounds :scared:
You will realise as soon as you start earning dollars that you aren't rich, unless you are a proffessional
Don't listen to the radio or the music, it will depress you cos the music is really dull over here.
Start doing the lottery
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: Ash1 clan have landed

Originally Posted by sky
Welcome to NZ

Don't listen to the radio or the music, it will depress you cos the music is really dull over here.

What sort of music do you like that you can't get?

Concert FM is excellent here.

Kip
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
Wheeeeee! Lucky you! Many congratulations on getting you and your family over to NZ. Just looked to see where Taradale is. Nice to be in Hawke's Bay! Are you in the wine trade? What kind of work do you have lined up?

Hi Maz,

I probably finance the wine industry!
I am a builder by trade. Much as I love it I may change my profession though. Unsure. Taking a few weeks out to get the kids settled first.

Ash
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:17 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kippers
What sort of music do you like that you can't get?

Concert FM is excellent here.

Kip
I was just so unused to the music here that it hurt!
I do actually like lots of the music here now, it's just it has taken me time to give in to it
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sky
Welcome to NZ
Just keep your precious money in your wallet/bank account until you are ready to make an informed decision and aren't so green.
Do not feel rich!
Do not convert dollars to pounds :scared:
You will realise as soon as you start earning dollars that you aren't rich, unless you are a proffessional
Start doing the lottery
Hi Sky,

Are you O.K? All the time that I have been looking at this site, you have come over as being a very positive person.I`m surprised that your post seems a little down beat. I`m sure that it`s good advice though, so thanks.

Ash
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:21 am
sky
Banned

Hi Maz,

I probably finance the wine industry!
I am a builder by trade. Much as I love it I may change my profession though. Unsure. Taking a few weeks out to get the kids settled first.

Ash

When you say builder do you mean bricky or chippy ... if you are a bricky BEWARE!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sky
I was just so unused to the music here that it hurt!
I do actually like lots of the music here now, it's just it has taken me time to give in to it
All the music that I have heard seems to be from the 80`s which is great cos that`s my era. Spandau Ballet, Durran Durran, Japan, Heaven 17.Don`t get me started.I`m in time warp!!!!

Cheers
Ash
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:24 am
sky
Banned

Hi Sky,

Are you O.K? All the time that I have been looking at this site, you have come over as being a very positive person.I`m surprised that your post seems a little down beat. I`m sure that it`s good advice though, so thanks.

Ash
Im not ok have had a shite time with some kiwi lady trying to steal my husband away, my world has been ripped apart!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sky
When you say builder do you mean bricky or chippy ... if you are a bricky BEWARE!
Maybe I`m under selling myself. I`m a property developer/ foreman. I`m the guy who makes sure that everyone else is doing there job. All though I do enjoy carpentry.I`ve been very lucky/ successful in England and have decided to get out of the rat race and have some quality time with wife and kids.
Ash
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sky
Im not ok have had a shite time with some kiwi lady trying to steal my husband away, my world has been ripped apart!
I`m really sorry. Thought things weren`t quite right. You must remain positive. You have always come over as a shining light on this site. Don`t change.If your husband is stupid enough to throw your history away then he doesn`t deserve you. Chin up.
Ash
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:31 am
sky
Banned

Maybe I`m under selling myself. I`m a property developer/ foreman. I`m the guy who makes sure that everyone else is doing there job. All though I do enjoy carpentry.I`ve been very lucky/ successful in England and have decided to get out of the rat race and have some quality time with wife and kids.
Ash
But what are you qualified as, my husband in the uk was a contract manager and was on real good money. He had to go back to the tools here and was treated like shite.
It depends a lot on your personality I have come to realise now.... if you are a go getter you will always be one and do good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.