Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Arrrrghhhh British administration!!!!!!

Arrrrghhhh British administration!!!!!!

Old Feb 8th 2010, 8:57 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrrrghhhh British administration!!!!!!

Hi guys,
Received a letter today saying that they'll reopen the case in light of our letters...
And in another envelope a court summon...

We DONT know what to do!!

Plead guilty or not. If he plead guilty then he must pay everything right?

If anyone has good knowledge in this (and a spare half hour or so...) I'd appreciate your help...

Old Feb 8th 2010, 9:26 pm
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

My advice would be to pay up, and inform the court you have paid.

I had an unpaid tax bill from Australia chase me for 4 years (It wasn't my fault or responsibility but the Aussie authorities really didn't care). I got a court summons and contatced them by phone straight away to sort it out. In the end I paid. It cost me a couple of hundred dollars for something that wasn't my fault but otherwise I wouldn't have got a visa to go there.

On a related matter we have a 50 Euro bill for medical services for my son from France. He had an accident in Paris in April 2009. He had an E111 and was on a school trip. No-one informed us that there was a charge nor did he sign anything. Because I never signed or agreed to anything, and I'm pretty sure that my son couldn't do so on my behalf...I'm not paying. I know this goes against my advice to you. Lets see what happens. (How would I pay a French bill anyway - I don't have a Euro account and if my French is good enough, they don't accpet credit cards)
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

plead not guilty, the magistrate will probably write it off as uncollectable
due to the distance involved
Old Feb 9th 2010, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

kenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the roughkenpom is a jewel in the rough

Offer to pay the train fair as a gesture of goodwill or tell them get ****** and chase you for it.
They wont go there because they cant.

The problem is that the UK system just wants to shaft people and the chance to be reasonable is not there anymore.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 4:48 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

I was summonsed for an alleged debt when I sold my car in the two weeks prior to flying out. Apparently I didn't give my insurers enough notice and they wanted my policy paid up.
I told the debt collectore I was more than willing to attend court but they would have to pay my travel costs as up to that point I am not guilty!
The debt was never collected, and I was not grabbed as I entered UK two years later.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx
Just spoke to the Office of rail regulation who can not help as it is now a legal matter since it has been to court already...

They say we need a lawyer/solicitor...

Do not! I repeat do not engage a solicitor /lawyer!
They are all shysters!
I know- Worked for one- was bred from one!! They never, ever lose!
Complain like hell!
Use everything the NZ CAB can give you and if all else fails - write them a letter- stating your case as you have on this forum.

In layman terms the law states if you cannot purchase a ticket at the point of embarkation (when you get on the train) you should have the opportunity to purchase onboard! You were denied this! Sue them!
For lack of sleep/distress/undue worry/cost of postage/phone calls/sleep/marriage/ worry/broken nails/loss of 'contentment!' any other damned thing that UK Lawyers make a living out of these days!

Don't what ever you do give in to the thieving bar-stewards! When you know - you do don't you?- that you've done nothing wrong!!!
Hell- get them to call me - I'll tell them!
Old Feb 16th 2010, 9:03 am
Just Joined

ilah is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I just saw this, new in here but had to reply!

I don't know why this has been made so difficult. The letter should have been sent back saying that the person is no longer available at this address and has moved out of the country. Would have just stopped them dead in their tracks. There would have been no one to penalise, therefore no case, it would have been put in the bin.

Seriously they can't even chase fines within the EU, never mind right across the other side of the planet. I'm a Brit with a Dutch registered car and I reckon my butt is one of the most photographed on the speed cams in the UK. Driving around London's congestion charge zone for free - not a problem! I never have seen fines come in from the UK, Austria, Italy, France, etc. I'm using this as an example of how inept the system is for claiming civil fines.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:08 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ilah
Sorry I just saw this, new in here but had to reply!

I don't know why this has been made so difficult. The letter should have been sent back saying that the person is no longer available at this address and has moved out of the country. Would have just stopped them dead in their tracks. There would have been no one to penalise, therefore no case, it would have been put in the bin.

Seriously they can't even chase fines within the EU, never mind right across the other side of the planet. I'm a Brit with a Dutch registered car and I reckon my butt is one of the most photographed on the speed cams in the UK. Driving around London's congestion charge zone for free - not a problem! I never have seen fines come in from the UK, Austria, Italy, France, etc. I'm using this as an example of how inept the system is for claiming civil fines.
What a shame you need to break speed limits just to prove a point. They are put in for a reason especially in built up areas.

A child will statistically have a better chance of survival if they are hit by a car travelling under the 30mph limit but no chance against people who break these limits.

Dewb
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Hi guys,
Received a letter today saying that they'll reopen the case in light of our letters...
And in another envelope a court summon...

We DONT know what to do!!

Plead guilty or not. If he plead guilty then he must pay everything right?

If anyone has good knowledge in this (and a spare half hour or so...) I'd appreciate your help...

Hi

We had similar situation with our daughter and we had debt collectors calling at the door etc, we have done research hours of it and found that the train company and the debt collectors are all interconnected in some way or another and my husband has now written to them telling them that that is against the law as it's a conflict of interest ...to date we have not paid them or heard from them. He also informed the train company too of his findings..hope it helps you ... Like they've got nothing better to do than upset and course misery and stress!!!

Good luck

xElainex
Old Feb 16th 2010, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Tell em to get f****d

Neil
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:16 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Any updates Matewx?
Old Feb 20th 2010, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Just when you thought things where getting good...

OH's been woken up this morning by his brother who was chasing him as he received a letter from a court in Surrey chasing him for £291.40 unpaid fine...

We just called the number & he was told it was for an unpaid train ticket on July 10th - his last working day, 5 days before flying...

Now yes he did jump on a train to work without a ticket as the machines at Cheam station that morning were not working... We're talking £3 train fare. On the said train, he tried to pay but was fined!

Before leaving the Uk - he called up to pay & was told there's nothing on their system by now it should so he should not worry. He stressed that he was leaving the country & did not want any problem few months down the line...

Well well well my people... They're chasing him for £291.40 now!!!

The court was most unhelpful... She listened to his story and said "Well I suggest you pay this as soon as possible really."

We're going to write a formal letter to the said court & to southern train too...

Our issues are:
-1st time we hear about it. No reminder to pay, no invite to attend court etc... Just them chasing him!
-he did try to pay before leaving the UK - Unfortunately no record of the name of the person he spoke to...
-he's in good faith, while we're at the other end of the world we're straight on the phone to have this sorted and no one's willing to help...

Any has any tip or advise please??
Hi there,

Have this email address for you to contact someone that has experience in dealing with such lovely ( honest legalised parasites etc) people .... the email address is [email protected] let me know how you get on ....good luck...

xElainex
Old Feb 20th 2010, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Tell em to get f****d

Neil

LMAO
Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:35 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

An update anyone??

So, we replied filling the form as NOT GUILTY & adding a two pages letter... God I LOVE writing letters (Yes I wrote as OH is useless at it!!)....

Anyway, they wrote back saying......

The case is closed & no further action is required!

Drinks on moi tonight!!!
Old Mar 31st 2010, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

An update anyone??

So, we replied filling the form as NOT GUILTY & adding a two pages letter... God I LOVE writing letters (Yes I wrote as OH is useless at it!!)....

Anyway, they wrote back saying......

[SIZE="6"]The case is closed & no further action is required![/SIZE

Drinks on moi tonight!!!
Great News

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.