Arrived in NZ

Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Arrived in NZ

Well after a very long journey but 2 good fights with Singapore Airlines we are now with our family in Papamoa B.O.P. I have to say the new terminal 3 at Changi is superb Also the transit hotel. We booked in for 8 hours at a cost of about £33 for the room which was excellent. We have wheelchair assistant because of the size of the place. We were collected from the plane, taken directly to the transit hotel and collected again when we checked out. From there we were taken to a special services lounge which was very nice with free tea, coffee & water provided. They held our boarding cards but gave us a sticker to wear stating that we were being assisted. We were allowed to wander in and out and go and get something to eat etc. If anyone has friends or relatives who need assistance I can certainly recommend this service. By the way you do not have to be disabled to use this service.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:15 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: Arrived in NZ

Haere Mai.

Welcome to New Zealand.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

mandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nicemandy77 is just really nice

Hello Margaret

Glad you had a good journey. I was thinking of travelling with this airline as I had heard they were very good with families.

Enjoy your time in New Zealand.

Mandy
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BOP we are in Omokoroa so if you are visiting the beach and harbour do pop in for a cup of tea

Our son arrived here on Wednesday via Changi terminal 3 and said it was an excellent experience too.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 11:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of lightElizabeth I is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by happynz
Haere Mai.

Welcome to New Zealand.
What he said.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:15 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Kia Ora
Welcome to the 'Antipodean Experience'
Old Feb 15th 2008, 6:51 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Haere Mai Margaret. Welcome to the Land of the Long White Cloud. I'm so happy your voyage was a pleasant one as it can be so stressful and tiring travelling long distances.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:25 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome - I hope you have a great time and it all lives up to your expectations.
Enjoy
Karen
Old Feb 15th 2008, 6:17 pm
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome Margaret,

I hope you love it here in Papamoa with your family, I bet they have lots planned for you to do. Enjoy.
Marika
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Welcome Margaret,

I hope you love it here in Papamoa with your family, I bet they have lots planned for you to do. Enjoy.
Marika
Well they have quite a few things planned one of them being a party for our Golden Wedding in March. Planning to go to the Tattoo in Rotorua that sounds good and going to travel further North this time as we did the South Island last year.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:07 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Well they have quite a few things planned one of them being a party for our Golden Wedding in March. Planning to go to the Tattoo in Rotorua that sounds good and going to travel further North this time as we did the South Island last year.
That sounds lovely, funnily enough my mum and dad are coming in Nov to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary with us too.
Have great holiday, let us know about your travels.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

That sounds lovely, funnily enough my mum and dad are coming in Nov to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary with us too.
Have great holiday, let us know about your travels.
Hi Marika

Here's what we have been up to so far:

Saturday 16th Feb

Seem to be getting over the jet lag slept a bit longer last night. Gail & Doug went to the shop and Ryan was going to play cricket. Steve a friend took Ryan so dropped us off a Palm Beach Plaza on the way. Was strolling round the shops when it started to pour down but it did not last long then the sun was shining again. Decided we would go over to Fashion Island to have a pie & cup of tea at Jesters. They have some peculiar concoctions but are very good. Alan had beef casserole & I had mince & cheese. We bumped into Marilyn from the barbers who kindly ran us back to Gail’s about 1.30.

Went to our first party tonight. It was a surprise 40th for Christine. This family came here 3 years ago from Accrington. They have 2 girls & a boy and love it here. We had to take a “plate” so we took a Steak & Onion Pie. The steak of course was from Doug Jarvis Family Butchers shop. Met a very nice couple that originate from Burnley. During the conversation we said we were going to visit The Bay area near Auckland. They informed me that this was where they lived and we must not even consider booking into a hotel we had to stay with them and they would tell us where to go and what to see. So that’s something to look forward to when Gail goes off to Australia on business for a few days at the beginning of March.

Sunday 17th Feb

We were supposed to be going to the air show today then we got an invite to go Jet Skiing.

Well you are never to old to try something new so off we went. Alan had a go first and then me. It was good fun but after all that excitement we are relaxing this evening.

By the way was it you who went into the shop yesterday?

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Feb 17th 2008 at 4:34 am.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:15 am
Cornish Lass

How funny Margaret, yes it was me, I would have said say Hi to you aswell, if I'd known. We had some sausages and bacon for our tea last night, and some boneless chicken thighs for tea tonight, all lovely tell Doug.
It sounds like you are having a ball already, parties and invites, and jet skiing, thats fantastic, I'm jealous, I havn't tried that yet, but would like to.
We nipped over to the Air show this afternoon, saw some nice displays, some good aerobatics from 1 little plane, it was good.
I'll be in to see Gail and Doug again soon, I'll say Hi.
Have fun.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

How funny Margaret, yes it was me, I would have said say Hi to you aswell, if I'd known. We had some sausages and bacon for our tea last night, and some boneless chicken thighs for tea tonight, all lovely tell Doug.
It sounds like you are having a ball already, parties and invites, and jet skiing, thats fantastic, I'm jealous, I havn't tried that yet, but would like to.
We nipped over to the Air show this afternoon, saw some nice displays, some good aerobatics from 1 little plane, it was good.
I'll be in to see Gail and Doug again soon, I'll say Hi.
Have fun.
I was not in the shop it was Gail who said you had been in sorry to have missed you maybe next time
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:22 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
I was not in the shop it was Gail who said you had been in sorry to have missed you maybe next time
Wow, well done Margaret, I think you're going to have the most amazing time here - you certainly have the right attitude!

I wish you'd been here when my mother was, she's just got to Sydney on her return leg. She's 74 and came on her own, not in the best of health, would have been lovely for her to have been able to meet you and your husband!

Do keep us posted, it's lovely to hear a visitor's perspective of our adopted homeland!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.