Arrived at last

Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

themoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant future
Default Arrived at last

Hi, We have arrived in Hamilton and are now on line - hurrah! (me - Tracey, Steve, Spencer and Rebecca)

Kids love school - I think its the novelty of taking your shoes off when you arrive and going bare foot all day!!

Just feel I need a job now, to get out there and meet people - there is only so much house work you can do to keep yourself busy.

Just seems typical that now we have a house went to see England play cricket (if you can call it that) the weather has turned! I hear it rains stair rods in the winter! - mmmm can't wait
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

jerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant futurejerseybean has a brilliant future
Default Re: Arrived at last

Originally Posted by themoores View Post
Hi, We have arrived in Hamilton and are now on line - hurrah! (me - Tracey, Steve, Spencer and Rebecca)

Kids love school - I think its the novelty of taking your shoes off when you arrive and going bare foot all day!!

Just feel I need a job now, to get out there and meet people - there is only so much house work you can do to keep yourself busy.

Just seems typical that now we have a house went to see England play cricket (if you can call it that) the weather has turned! I hear it rains stair rods in the winter! - mmmm can't wait
Congratulations on your move!
We are landing in Hamilton on 23rd April with our three children (5, 3 and 7 months).
Can I ask which school they are at? Do they wear a uniform? My 5 year old daughter currently does and was very excited to find she might not have to in NZ!
Are there lots of clubs and activities for the kids? Swimming lessons, gym club or ballet are up our daughters street!
Good luck with meeting people.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice to be here!

A very big welcome to you!

NG
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:01 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to New Zealand
I lived in Glenview for over a year and loved it there
Have some karma for your continuing enjoyment.
Karen
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:09 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Was just up in Welly for Sat and though the weather was rubbish it didn't stop it being a great place to visit.

Welcome to NZ!
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:14 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton View Post
Was just up in Welly for Sat and though the weather was rubbish it didn't stop it being a great place to visit.

Welcome to NZ!
And you didn't stop in to see us all?
Old Feb 18th 2008, 3:23 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious View Post
And you didn't stop in to see us all?
Me? Visit you lot? With your reputation? I'd have never got out alive!

Was up for fri night on a work jolly, then spent sat morning with my old chum Bro69 - us both suffering from hewoooge hangovers - and then toot sweet back to ChCh.

Next trip there I promise we'll make advance plans to meet wiv da Welly Massiv, of which themoores will all be a part by then I'm sure.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

themoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant futurethemoores has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jerseybean View Post
Congratulations on your move!
We are landing in Hamilton on 23rd April with our three children (5, 3 and 7 months).
Can I ask which school they are at? Do they wear a uniform? My 5 year old daughter currently does and was very excited to find she might not have to in NZ!
Are there lots of clubs and activities for the kids? Swimming lessons, gym club or ballet are up our daughters street!
Good luck with meeting people.

They are at Rototuna School up in the North of Hamilton. Lovely school. No they don't have uniform, which is why I also think the kids love it so much. There are swimming lessons, but we got here too late and they are fully booked. Still looking out for other stuff, my five year old, wants to to gym or dance so am looking out for something for her. Spencer is 9 and has joined the cricket team, there were quite a few other things. Tennis, t-ball (have no idea what that is), touch rugby and soccer for boys and girls.

The schools all have play grounds with play equipment like you have at the park in England, the kids love that too. Wouldn't have that in England in case some parent sues the school if their child gets injured.

Hope all you move is going ok.

Off to a meet the teacher this evening.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:20 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Arrived at last

Originally Posted by themoores View Post
They are at Rototuna School up in the North of Hamilton. Lovely school. No they don't have uniform, which is why I also think the kids love it so much.
Welcome by the way.....
NZ is a bit schizophrenic...at most state junior schools anything seems to go including bare feet and brightly coloured hair; and then when they get to Secondary it all suddenly goes really formal and they segregate the sexes and put them into uniforms out of the UK 1950s.
When you've been here a few months it starts to look normal and you wonder why you originally found it so odd...or at least I do.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:09 pm

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to joining you...arrive in Hamilton on 23rd May (Me, Hubby, Daughter 18mts, Son 11 weeks)

Would appreciate it if you could keep us posted re: your settling experiences - Where to go/where not to go/useful places to go etc...

Appreciate it's a busy time but any snippits of info may just turn out to be gems
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by luvwelly View Post
Welcome by the way.....
NZ is a bit schizophrenic...at most state junior schools anything seems to go including bare feet and brightly coloured hair; and then when they get to Secondary it all suddenly goes really formal and they segregate the sexes and put them into uniforms out of the UK 1950s.
When you've been here a few months it starts to look normal and you wonder why you originally found it so odd...or at least I do.
yes, we had noticed that they seem to be in uniform when they reach High School and have separate schools for the boys and girls.

really enjoying the weather, heard its not normal!!!

getting frustrated with the bin collections, they dont't seem to be collecting our recycling stuff as its not in the tiny bin that you get given, that seems to fit about 5 bottles. as they have run out of them until April, thought I would put the stuff out with the rubbish and they ignored it. And they reckon that NZ is great at being Green?????
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:13 am
Banned

banrock station is a name known to allbanrock station is a name known to allbanrock station is a name known to allbanrock station is a name known to allbanrock station is a name known to allbanrock station is a name known to allbanrock station is a name known to allbanrock station is a name known to allbanrock station is a name known to allbanrock station is a name known to allbanrock station is a name known to all

[QUOTE= And they reckon that NZ is great at being Green?????[/QUOTE]

Most of the recycle goes straight to the landfills a friend I know who works in recycle told me so NZ is NOT as green as they like the rest of the world to believe ,just a guise to make us think they are .What comes here for recycling from asia would worry you also .NZ is becoming a dumping ground for some
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

nice!!??

Just one big land fill then!!

Did see a thing on the news the other day, saying that they are not as green as they should be, and judging by the public transport I'd agree, Having said the the buses in Hamilton are pretty good and not bad price, just the non-existand trains - apart from the 12 hour one from Auckland to Wellington once a day! Thought that maybe we would get the train to Welly and back for the day - how silly was that!!!