Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

AROUND TUIT - Medical Insurance

AROUND TUIT - Medical Insurance

Old Jun 14th 2008, 10:47 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default AROUND TUIT - Medical Insurance

Medical Insurance is something on my AROUND TUIT list, but I don't know enough about the options.

Yes your probably thinking what a fool, no insurance. Can anyone help me to decide which option to take. I would be very grateful.

Also on my AROUND TUIT list is registering with a GP.

Pauline
Old Jun 15th 2008, 4:05 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AROUND TUIT - Medical Insurance

The most popular is Southern Cross, although we are with Tower, through DH job. They would cover pre existing conditions, so we would have been crazy not to takee them up on it.

You can more or less tailor make it to fit your needs. We have just diagnostic and surgical cover on ours.

Be sure to read the small print. For instance, we didn't take the dental cover, as our kids are covered by school dentist still and the policy DOES NOT include orthodonists

Hope that helps to get you started.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:20 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by howden40
Medical Insurance is something on my AROUND TUIT list, but I don't know enough about the options.

Yes your probably thinking what a fool, no insurance. Can anyone help me to decide which option to take. I would be very grateful.

Also on my AROUND TUIT list is registering with a GP.

Pauline
Hi Pauline,

We recently registered with Papamoa Pines Medical Centre just before Domain Road coming back down from you. Only needed them three times and got same day appointments within about an hour of calling - very novel compared to the UK! Really friendly, helpful staff and you can get everything "done" there (they have a nurse too.) Then just pop in to John's Pharmacy in the Plaza with your prescription - sweet as ...
Old Jun 16th 2008, 2:02 am

Tan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond reputeTan0410 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't suppose there are any companies that do life, critical illness and medical insurance?

Personally I was of the opinion that the majority of people didn't bother with medical insurance... not sure where I got that idea from

Tan
Old Jun 16th 2008, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

We have life and critical illness insurance through our bank. Plenty of insurance companies out there willing to take your premiums!

I've actually just cancelled our Southern Cross. In the past three years, my husband has had oncology care (radiation, chemotherapy and surgery), my youngest has had grommitts, my middle child has had grommitts and surgery, and my eldest has received counselling. None of this with any help from Southern Cross Made me wonder what we were paying for as the state medical seemed to be doing very well for us already.

Just how I'm seeing things, but compared to the NHS, the NZ medical system rocks!
Old Jun 16th 2008, 8:15 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Thank you all. Have a starting point and will look carefully at small print, will purchase a magnifier

I was wondering if Medical Insurance was an optional extra.

Pauline