Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Argh! The price of wallpaper.

Argh! The price of wallpaper.

Old Oct 22nd 2014, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Argh! The price of wallpaper.

Spelt arfasemporium
Old Oct 22nd 2014, 10:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SSky
Arthurs Emporium on Trade me do cheap ready pasted wallpaper and it's reasonable posted Bevs
OK. I'll have a look at that. Thanks

I did find this. Wallpaper Direct.

This morning I was thinking just do without & paint but really I'd like something a bit more than that.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the styles are a bit bleurgh but a few gems amongst the rubbish
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Now I'm a University employee I get trade prices from Bunnings, so make sure you take someone that works for a university and you'll get big discounts.

How does that work then cos I know a bird what works there

How much do we get off ?

Neil
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

I'm guessing all university staff across the country get discounts at Bunnings like we do at Otago Uni. You just show your staff card at the checkout and I normally get about 25% off.

We get discounts at Mitre10, VTNZ, plumbing works, charters and lots more.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Crt/Farmlands offer you discounted prices at these and many other places too if you're a member of their Co-op. It's not much to buy shares and then you get a card that gives you discount at loads of places.
Old Oct 23rd 2014, 7:13 pm
`

Originally Posted by SSky
Arthurs Emporium on Trade me do cheap ready pasted wallpaper and it's reasonable posted Bevs
Erm . It does sell allsorts doesn't it.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Was in Wilko's the other day and was shocked how cheap rolls of wallpaper were. Nice arty-farty type wallpaper for 6-7 quid a roll!
Old Oct 24th 2014, 7:02 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by davros1984
Was in Wilko's the other day and was shocked how cheap rolls of wallpaper were. Nice arty-farty type wallpaper for 6-7 quid a roll!
I tried it once....never again, the seam edge wave was horrendous and the paper so thin that it suffered pattern stretch on longer drops so the only thing you could do was line up the match at eye level and put up with the mismatch above and below.
Suppose you get what you pay for eh....
Old Oct 24th 2014, 9:03 pm
`

Well, I can't afford $90 a roll. I can't really afford $50 bucks a roll. In years past I've always bought end of season rolls at very good prices or rolls from places like B&Q etc. if the pattern has been what was in my mind's eye. Heck, I'd get it from Asda if the price was right and it suited my wishes.
Never had a problem with cheaper priced rolls. Did have a problem with a Laura Ashley job lot once though. Now that paper was ....delicate...shall we say.

Anyway, all I want is to be able to wallpaper a few walls without paying completely ridiculous prices.

....and I agree about carpet too Neil.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 9:16 pm

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Worse think about the Wilko paper, I was doing a feature bedroom wall and the red dye started to come off the pattern whilst I was leaving it soak, so I had to resort to pasting the wall and getting it on quick....
Keep searching for the paper, now the DIY shops are starting to stock the stuff the prices have got to drop...mind you the paint prices haven't...
Old Oct 24th 2014, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS
Well, I can't afford $90 a roll. I can't really afford $50 bucks a roll. In years past I've always bought end of season rolls at very good prices or rolls from places like B&Q etc. if the pattern has been what was in my mind's eye. Heck, I'd get it from Asda if the price was right and it suited my wishes.
Never had a problem with cheaper priced rolls. Did have a problem with a Laura Ashley job lot once though. Now that paper was ....delicate...shall we say.

Anyway, all I want is to be able to wallpaper a few walls without paying completely ridiculous prices.

....and I agree about carpet too Neil.
Did you ever look into Wallpaper | Contemporary Wallpaper Designs | Graham and Brown as from the same discussion 1 year ago ? Looks like (ooh no pound sign on this netbook!) 20 pounds sterling per International order ? Or has anyone tried the price of YouShop UK-NZ delivery cost as the UK deliveries to YouShop UK can be free ?

Could be the answer....International postage

International postage is calculated as NZD$12.50 per parcel, plus NZD$4.75 per 500g. The minimum chargeable weight is 500g and is charged in 500g increments thereafter.

International postage excludes any GST, duty and customs clearance costs that may be payable on arrival in New Zealand.

Find out about our additional YouShop fees and our multiple parcel discount.

Weight of your YouShop parcel

The chargeable weight of your parcel will be based on the greater of its actual weight or volumetric weight (charged in 500g increments).

Example
For a parcel with a chargeable weight of 500g the international postage charge would be NZD$12.50 + NZD$4.75 = NZD$17.25.

If you were sending something weighing 800g the price would be NZD$12.50 + NZD$9.50 = NZD$22.00.

Last edited by Stormer999; Oct 24th 2014 at 9:46 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2014, 9:45 pm
`

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Did you ever look into Wallpaper | Contemporary Wallpaper Designs | Graham and Brown as from the same discussion 1 year ago ? Looks like (ooh no pound sign on this netbook!) 20 pounds sterling per International order ?
I know. Seems slow off the mark doesn't it. I didn't get to start with the decorating last time MrBEVS was back in the UK doing his respite care stint for his elderly mom and uncle. This time I was determined to crack on best I could.

Per my opening post to in this thread. I revisited Graham and Brown. I have order a sample of one design to check on the actual colour. It may be a goer . Irritating all round really. So long winded when I just want to wallpaper with a suitable design at an affordable price.

Or has anyone tried the price of YouShop UK-NZ delivery cost as the UK deliveries to YouShop UK can be free ?
Never heard of this. Will look.