Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Argh!!! Impatient!!

Argh!!! Impatient!!

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Argh!!! Impatient!!

...can someone please send me some karma?!! I submitted my ITA last week....nervous, and would love that blue sticker more than anything soon, as want to go now and start my new job!

Added to that, I got done for speeding yesterday on the motorway...so now will have to sort out a court summons
Own stupidity, I know, but not another thing I want to deal with while playing this emmigration game!!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Argh!!! Impatient!!

Originally Posted by NZBee
...can someone please send me some karma?!! I submitted my ITA last week....nervous, and would love that blue sticker more than anything soon, as want to go now and start my new job!

Added to that, I got done for speeding yesterday on the motorway...so now will have to sort out a court summons
Own stupidity, I know, but not another thing I want to deal with while playing this emmigration game!!

With all that crap, it can only get better. Karma sent. Better still, here's a double vodka - enjoy
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

We sent our ITA off last week.... i am so impatient and just want the blue stickers. Hopefully for us both it wont take that long. Hubby starts job in October so we have a while but still hate waiting
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by annbee
We sent our ITA off last week.... i am so impatient and just want the blue stickers. Hopefully for us both it wont take that long. Hubby starts job in October so we have a while but still hate waiting
Have some karma!!!
Let me know how you get on as well! It is nice to know someone else is going through the same thing (minus the speeding issue!!)

Good luck!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

At least you've got summer to get through while you wait. When we moved here, we left UK in spring, came straight to winter (apparently the worst they'd had in 40 yrs), so we felt we hadn't had summer for nearly 2 years. But when it came it was worth the wait.
October will be here before you know it.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

annbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura aboutannbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Boopy
At least you've got summer to get through while you wait. When we moved here, we left UK in spring, came straight to winter (apparently the worst they'd had in 40 yrs), so we felt we hadn't had summer for nearly 2 years. But when it came it was worth the wait.
October will be here before you know it.
Yes exactly what we thought, have a last summer in england and then hopefully go over to NZ and have another summer. We love the sunshine and the girls love being outside. It will be nice not to have another miserable winter!!!
Old Jun 4th 2007, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Have some karma!!!
Let me know how you get on as well! It is nice to know someone else is going through the same thing (minus the speeding issue!!)

Good luck!!!
I have just emailed case worker to see if they have received our paperwork, I dont want to be a pain, just very impatient
Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:10 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Yes exactly what we thought, have a last summer in england and then hopefully go over to NZ and have another summer. We love the sunshine and the girls love being outside. It will be nice not to have another miserable winter!!!
There are parts of New Zealand that have miserable winters in case you get homesick.

Old Jun 4th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by happynz
There are parts of New Zealand that have miserable winters in case you get homesick.

Thanks for that info, dont think that i will get homesick, we are going to Auckland, dont think that they have bad winters?
Old Jun 4th 2007, 2:08 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Thanks for that info, dont think that i will get homesick, we are going to Auckland, dont think that they have bad winters?
Not horrible no, but there are times when it is a bit nippy, windy and wet. My advice, don't invest in quality umbrellas. A sixty dollar umbrella will get shredded by the wind just as quickly as a five dollar one from the Chinese gee-gaw shops.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by happynz
Not horrible no, but there are times when it is a bit nippy, windy and wet. My advice, don't invest in quality umbrellas. A sixty dollar umbrella will get shredded by the wind just as quickly as a five dollar one from the Chinese gee-gaw shops.
Thanks for your advice, i think i will invest in a waterproof gortex for us all!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

hi, have had a letter from case officer today, she will be looking at our application and make a decision in the next one to three months. Hope it is sooner than later. We are due to move in four months so it may be very tight with our container etc.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

mark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant futuremark and kim has a brilliant future

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you . I also submitted ITA last week and received the letter saying a decision would be made in 1 to 3 months . I have a job lined up and although they have been great and said I can start when I want me and OH have been working towards a September/October move. Our house sale is under way and without the PR I'm a bit anxious about exchanging contracts and handing my notice in at work in case we don't get the visas . So I too just can't wait for the decision - hurry up NZIS - I need to know.

I think I need a few of these to calm my nerves

Good Luck

Kim
Old Jun 5th 2007, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mark and kim
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you . I also submitted ITA last week and received the letter saying a decision would be made in 1 to 3 months . I have a job lined up and although they have been great and said I can start when I want me and OH have been working towards a September/October move. Our house sale is under way and without the PR I'm a bit anxious about exchanging contracts and handing my notice in at work in case we don't get the visas . So I too just can't wait for the decision - hurry up NZIS - I need to know.

I think I need a few of these to calm my nerves

Good Luck

Kim
Hi Kim

We are lucky as we dont have a house to sell, we are in Married Quarters RAF, but husband has just worked his 18month notice so after next week he dosent have a job which is a bit worrying. But i have to think on the positive side and be patient

Good Luck

Ann
Old Jun 6th 2007, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

I think our immigration officers should all hurry up and give us those blue beauties now so we can all go as soon as possible!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.