Areas of Nelson

Old Apr 14th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice
Default Areas of Nelson

As some of you are aware we have now been given our ITA and are going through the process of collecting the remaining documents required along with the medicals etc.
We have done plenty of research of the Nelson, which is where my job will be and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice as to the areas which are okay or not(which I very much doubt) as with every city there is always somewhere which is a little bit iffy, so to speak to live. Please don't take this posting the wrong way but this is a genuine enquiry as in the next few months we will be coming out there on a permanent residence and wish to ask for others advice and opinions of the area.
Thanks very much
Steve and Dee..
Old Apr 14th 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Areas of Nelson

Ello!!!

As you will be traveling between Wairau (Blenheim) and Nelson Hospital Wakefield may be a good area, one of the other educators lives there and finds it easy to travel in on the back road.Properties I think tend to be a little more realistically priced to!! I am sure Bevs and other Nelsonians will be along soon to give advice.
Old Apr 14th 2008, 10:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

OOoo Dee and Steve. You are going to have so much choice. It really depends what you want for your new home and lifestyle. Nelson and surrounding areas are quite diverse in what they offer. Yes, there are some 'iffy' streets around but nothing that you need to be that wary of.

Nelson may be classed as a City but please think more of a small town .
Do you fancy the idea of being close to shops and facilities or do you fancy a village life?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 1:56 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Atawhai is gorgeous and very useful for the commute betwwen both hospitals.

Bev's part of the world is our family favourite in Nelson area although i think from the kids point of view the aquarium is the main attraction Unfortunately it isn't very practical from a commuting angle

Otherwise, as Frenchy suggested, out towards Wakefield.

How's the house sale going??
Old Apr 15th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

over50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really niceover50 is just really nice

okey dokey one and all...... you all been phoning eachother.... Kev and Sarah you using the same computer as Frenchy.... Nope the house aint sold and pricing aint that good either... Wakefield looks to be a bit further out but hey I am here and you are there... what do I know... We are grateful for any suggestions or help in this area...
Bevs we are after village lifestyle we have both been living in fairly large towns... me in London etc... not good... We are aware that Nelson is like a small town and although a city it is nothing like the cities we have here in the Uk, but a village lifestyle would be lovely.
What we want now is for someone to come over here and boot our PM up the rear to kick start the housing market as at the minute it is going downwards very quickly. But not all doom and gloom nearly there in New Zealand
Steve and Dee
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Bleurgh. I'm not touching the UK PM with a bargepole, let alone me foot. :curse:

Of course, I am going to recommend Mapua for a great village lifestyle. The drive time from Mapua to Richmond would be around 20 minutes . To Nelson around 30 minutes.

Wakefield is a village but a quieter sort of place IMO.
Brightwater is not quite so far out .

Richmond is suburbia to me but there are some great sections and the facilities are good.

Would you like some property papers , a bit of a map etc to keep you going whilst you wait on your house sale? PM me if you fancy that.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:59 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Brightwater is not quite so far out .
Also known as Britwater which might give a clue to how many UK immigrants end up there.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

It really doesn't make any difference with us Southerner but thanks for your opinion anyway.
Steve and Dee