Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Areas around Whangarei - ??

Areas around Whangarei - ??

Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all
Default Areas around Whangarei - ??

Hi all - Whangarei is a very possible area for me to get a job offer and hoping you may be able to suggest good areas to live in the surrounding areas as not sure we really want to physically live in Whangarei itself.

We are a family of 5 (children aged 11, 9, 5) and looking for a reasonable sized community, close to beaches. For the children any info on schools would be great ( primary schools/high schools.)

What is Whangarei Boys School like ????- what age do they start at the school as I guess I may also be looking for an intermediate school possibly...?

Lots of questions but any info much appreciated

Many thanks
Loux
Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:40 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Areas around Whangarei - ??

My recommendation would be to have a look in and around Waipu. It's a lovely community with spectacular beaches.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

kepow has a brilliant futurekepow has a brilliant futurekepow has a brilliant futurekepow has a brilliant futurekepow has a brilliant futurekepow has a brilliant future

Whangarei is really very nice. There are lots of good places to live in the surrounding area. If you want to be on the beach Ruakaka is about 20 mins away, it has a lovely surf patrolled beach, is a small and friendly community.
Closer to town there's Mungatepere and Poriti which have some nice houses on a decent size sections. Good primary schools that way as well.

Whangarei boys is supposed to be a good school. Lots of supermarket choice in Whangarei and all the things you need. Bars/Restaurants, most nationalities well represented. Also Whangarei has the most fantastic Saturday market for local fruit and veg - best I've seen anywhere.

The surrounding scenery up there is lovely too
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:11 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

yeh kepow! Northland Rocks!