British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   April Fool- Is this funny/ok or not? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/april-fool-funny-ok-not-525938/)

Adventurer Apr 1st 2008 2:53 am

April Fool- Is this funny/ok or not?

Oh dear.
I dropped this letter off to pre school today in the spirit of April 1st and my wife has told me off and reminded me I should not joke with strangers.
What do readers think- funny or inappropriate or what?
Names have been changed/omitted.

Re Bill Bailey
01/04/08
Dear Preschool
We believe that eye and ear tests are happening today at the school for the children.
Could you please arrange for the nurse/health workers to also check Bill for his smell sense which we fear may be over sensitive.
Bill enjoys coming to preschool but recently he has been complaining of smells in the school. He says that the teachers pass a lot of wind, especially after lunch.
He has mentioned which teachers seem to be the main culprits but I think it is inappropriate to name names at this time. He also says that many produce SBD ones. (silent but deadly).
My wife and I feel that the school should be a safe and pollution free environment and to be frank find this contamination and behaviour unacceptable.
We are considering bringing this up at the next committee meeting but thought we would give you the opportunity to suggest remedies to overcome this problem before making it public.
At the very least we would suggest that persons wishing or needing to pass wind kindly go outside to do so and surely the teachers should set an example.
However the nurses opinion may be useful if Bill is the sole complainant.
Thank you so much
Mr Bailey

Nerine Apr 1st 2008 3:44 am

Re: April Fool- Is this funny/ok or not?

Do the other playschools have waiting lists? :D

scrubbedexpat094 Apr 1st 2008 4:00 am

:rofl: But I think Nerine is right. Good luck, I think you might need it ;)

julesnye Apr 1st 2008 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Nerine (Post 6140385)
Do the other playschools have waiting lists? :D

Not anymore, there's one space come immediately free....hahaha:rofl:

Smilz Apr 1st 2008 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Adventurer (Post 6140231)
Oh dear.
I dropped this letter off to pre school today in the spirit of April 1st and my wife has told me off and reminded me I should not joke with strangers.
What do readers think- funny or inappropriate or what?
Names have been changed/omitted.

Re Bill Bailey
01/04/08
Dear Preschool
We believe that eye and ear tests are happening today at the school for the children.
Could you please arrange for the nurse/health workers to also check Bill for his smell sense which we fear may be over sensitive.
Bill enjoys coming to preschool but recently he has been complaining of smells in the school. He says that the teachers pass a lot of wind, especially after lunch.
He has mentioned which teachers seem to be the main culprits but I think it is inappropriate to name names at this time. He also says that many produce SBD ones. (silent but deadly).
My wife and I feel that the school should be a safe and pollution free environment and to be frank find this contamination and behaviour unacceptable.
We are considering bringing this up at the next committee meeting but thought we would give you the opportunity to suggest remedies to overcome this problem before making it public.
At the very least we would suggest that persons wishing or needing to pass wind kindly go outside to do so and surely the teachers should set an example.
However the nurses opinion may be useful if Bill is the sole complainant.
Thank you so much
Mr Bailey

Try this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbpEQbvskGg

comments?

Adventurer Apr 3rd 2008 8:56 pm

I enclose the note from the school I received in response to mine.
Pleased to know that our children can still go there and good to see that Kiwi's have a relaxed attitude and can join in the spirit of the day despite my April fool not being too good :o!
PHEW:-

Hi ?????
Thank you.
Whilst some of us were, at first, uncertain as to how to respond to your unusual letter which we received yesterday- the staff compiled this reply yesterday afternoon.
Dear ????? & ?????
We acknowledge receipt of your letter of complaint and we take this matter very seriously.
In consultation with the Chairperson and Committee we have decided to deal with this matter immediately.
All staff will be issued with corks and ?????? will be issued with a peg for his nose. Any contribution towards our cork collection, various sizes, would be appreciated.
We apologise for ?????'s discomfit.
Regards
The Staff
????? Preschool

Kiwiprincess Apr 3rd 2008 11:30 pm

Nice. Very nice.

banshigirl Apr 4th 2008 12:06 am

Nice one!:rofl:

Ted Logan Apr 4th 2008 12:29 am

Originally Posted by Adventurer (Post 6155290)
I enclose the note from the school I received in response to mine.
Pleased to know that our children can still go there and good to see that Kiwi's have a relaxed attitude and can join in the spirit of the day despite my April fool not being too good :o!
PHEW:-

Hi ?????
Thank you.
Whilst some of us were, at first, uncertain as to how to respond to your unusual letter which we received yesterday- the staff compiled this reply yesterday afternoon.
Dear ????? & ?????
We acknowledge receipt of your letter of complaint and we take this matter very seriously.
In consultation with the Chairperson and Committee we have decided to deal with this matter immediately.
All staff will be issued with corks and ?????? will be issued with a peg for his nose. Any contribution towards our cork collection, various sizes, would be appreciated.
We apologise for ?????'s discomfit.
Regards
The Staff
????? Preschool

Right ..... off to the papers and a tidy profit there I think..... oh hang on , we aren't in the UK are we ??!

dreamfish Apr 4th 2008 3:49 am

absolutely fantastic - well done you!!!
i was uncertain on how to reply to your original post (did find it v eyr funny) , but have to say it is warming to see such a response all in the spirit of things foolish :)

All's well that ends well

Kerry W Apr 4th 2008 5:10 am

Ha ha, great letter, great response. Nice to see they have a sense of humour.