Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

April 2018 Arrivals & Departures

April 2018 Arrivals & Departures

Old Mar 15th 2018, 7:28 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default April 2018 Arrivals & Departures

Here you go: anyone want to let on they are coming/going?
Who:
Where from:
leaving Date:
Where to:
Arrival Date:
Old Mar 22nd 2018, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

dantruman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: April 2018 Arrivals & Departures

Who: Dan & Mel
Where from: Ellesmere Port (Near Chester/Liverpool)
leaving Date: 16th April
Where to: Tauranga
Arrival Date: 21st April

Last edited by MrsFychan; Apr 6th 2018 at 4:07 am. Reason: removed full name
Old Mar 24th 2018, 8:38 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

HI Dan,

so where you stopping off?
Old Mar 24th 2018, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

We arrive in Auckland on the evening of the 17th, well spend a few days around Auckland before heading down to Tauranga.

Flight is via Singapore with 2 hour layover.
Old Apr 4th 2018, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Who: vanessa
Where from: Originally Uk but I was in Australia for 9years before NZ
leaving Date: 4th May
Where to: Melbourne
Arrival Date: 4th May

I came for 4years, I saw and I am leaving! Never truely happy here, I just muddled by. Had lots of “friends” but, apart from one, their true colours shined through when the going got tough. People say that New Zealanders never really take you in and I would probably concur with that.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by Hebe
Who: vanessa
Where from: Originally Uk but I was in Australia for 9years before NZ
leaving Date: 4th May
Where to: Melbourne
Arrival Date: 4th May

I came for 4years, I saw and I am leaving! Never truely happy here, I just muddled by. Had lots of “friends” but, apart from one, their true colours shined through when the going got tough. People say that New Zealanders never really take you in and I would probably concur with that.
are you jumping the queue here Hebe?

sorry to hear things re the friends situation seems to have blown up, previous posts seemed to suggest all was good on that front.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
are you jumping the queue here Hebe?

sorry to hear things re the friends situation seems to have blown up, previous posts seemed to suggest all was good on that front.
Ha ha. Probably, but my furniture and dogs leave in April!! Things did appear ok, but with hindsight you certainly see things differently. I have never had a huge problem making friends and keeping them, hence the move back to Australia . I am not everyone’s cup of tea as I tend to call a spade a spade and shoot from the hip but I am loyal and will help out pretty much anyone in need, even people I don’t know,that well. It’s what I do. However, when my marriage fell apart a few months ago only a couple of friends and not Kiwis, stepped up to the mark. I was at times and probably still am, angry and tearful but not one of them checked in at weekends to see what I was doing and if I was ok. All take take. You don’t give to receive but you also have to step outside of your comfort zone and check in on others. Yes we all have busy lives but ........
S
Old Apr 19th 2018, 8:36 pm

So Dan & Mel should of arrived and finding their way around Auckland before heading down to Tauranga, lets hope they avoid anything to do with Bella Vista once there.
Old Apr 19th 2018, 8:38 pm

Hebe - sorry to hear that but do understand what you say about basically fair weather friends.
Hopefully your move back with bring you a more settled and happier life going forward
Old Apr 26th 2018, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Yes Mrs Fychan,

All arrived okay, we headed straight down to Tauranga in the end and we are in a rental in Papamoa which is amazing! Just been reading about the Bella Vista houses and glad we avoided those!

We have both started work already and are trying to get out of the 'holiday' mindset as quickly as possible.