British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Approved! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/approved-684878/)

dave77 Sep 10th 2010 5:59 pm

Approved!

Hi!

I just wanted to share the good news that we have been approved today for our visas :)

We will be heading to Dunedin in mid-October and I will be starting work at Cadbury very soon after (although hopefully will have time to see the sights!)

Just wanted to say thank-you for all the help and 'advice' that I have got from everyone on BE, not sure I could have done it or stayed sane without your help :rofl:

Right, where did I put that wine ??? :drinkwine:

DavenHelen Sep 10th 2010 6:54 pm

Re: Approved!

Cheers
Great news
Having a glass Malborough white to celebrate(your good news & it's the weekend!):thumbup:

jmh Sep 10th 2010 7:02 pm

Congratulations - that's very exciting even if it is Dunedin. Sorry couldn't resist, just my bias showing since I am from Auckland. Enjoy a drink on me! :thumbsup:

dave77 Sep 10th 2010 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by DavenHelen (Post 8839703)
Cheers
Great news
Having a glass Malborough white to celebrate(your good news & it's the weekend!):thumbup:

Thanks DavenHelen, best of luck to you :)

Marlborough white is our favourite too - cheers! :D

dave77 Sep 10th 2010 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by jmh (Post 8839715)
Congratulations - that's very exciting even if it is Dunedin. Sorry couldn't resist, just my bias showing since I am from Auckland. Enjoy a drink on me! :thumbsup:

Thanks jmh! Lol - you can't beat a bit of inter-island banter :rofl:

Celticknight Sep 10th 2010 7:44 pm

Congratulations :thumbsup:

AngelaandJim Sep 10th 2010 9:11 pm

That's fantastic news good luck & mind to run all the way up Baldwin Atreet pmsl

AngelaandJim Sep 10th 2010 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim (Post 8840053)
That's fantastic news good luck & mind to run all the way up Baldwin Atreet pmsl

Street even lol

RobDon Sep 10th 2010 9:39 pm

:thumbsup: Congratulations!! :thumbsup:

Fooferfish Sep 10th 2010 9:46 pm

Soon as you are here in Gods own, look us up for a beer or wine on the deck, spring has sprung and theres no traffic jams like those Jafa's get lol

You are heading to the right place :p

dannigirl Sep 11th 2010 7:23 am

Originally Posted by jmh (Post 8839715)

Oi oi oi....calm down!! :sneaky: he he

Congrats dave77...arriving just in time for Summer!

dave77 Sep 11th 2010 9:42 am

Thanks everyone!

Timing is great, back to back summers.. we couldn't have planned it any better if we tried :)

Blue stickers arrived today, that was unexpected - now I know what all the fuss is about :lol:

Cheers

dave77 Sep 11th 2010 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Fooferfish (Post 8840122)
Soon as you are here in Gods own, look us up for a beer or wine on the deck, spring has sprung and theres no traffic jams like those Jafa's get lol

You are heading to the right place :p

Hi Nige!

Thanks mate, will give you a shout once we get down to Dunners, thinking of having a few days in ChCh first to unwind

Speak soon :)

Rolfie Sep 11th 2010 4:39 pm

Great news! Really pleased for you. . .

Now, as I only live up the road to you in Billericay, perhaps you'd be able to squeeze me into one of your suitcases? I'm not to big, and no trouble, Just pop a bottle of vino in there and a sarny, and I'll be fine for the journey. Please, please, I could do with another Summer as well :D

Yes, actually seeing those blue stickers does suddenly make it so real doesn't it!

All the best :thumbsup:

dave77 Sep 11th 2010 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by Rolfie (Post 8841340)
Great news! Really pleased for you. . .

Now, as I only live up the road to you in Billericay, perhaps you'd be able to squeeze me into one of your suitcases? I'm not to big, and no trouble, Just pop a bottle of vino in there and a sarny, and I'll be fine for the journey. Please, please, I could do with another Summer as well :D

Yes, actually seeing those blue stickers does suddenly make it so real doesn't it!

All the best :thumbsup:

Hey Rolfie! Blimey another Essex boy - when and where are you heading to NZ?

Yeah, I haven't looked at them for a few hours ... might have to sneak another look :D