British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   APPROVED!!!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/approved-500267/)

11ThousandMilesFromHome Dec 17th 2007 10:32 am

APPROVED!!!!!!!

Yes people you've heard it right.....

PR has been approved

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I cried:cry_smile: like a baby when i read the email:envelope:...then phoned rick and he went 'oh shite' i've told him if he backs out now the knifes out and his 'D*cks' OFF!!!

think he got the message...fingers crossed anyway!!!

what a fab crimbo present:thumbsup:

Tan0410 Dec 17th 2007 10:41 am

Re: APPROVED!!!!!!!

Congratulations :thumbsup:

Tan

suzi n steve Dec 17th 2007 11:06 am

Wow, brilliant news Mandie! Don't blame you threatening Rick with the bobbit job after the time it took him to agree to go. Drinks on you then for Christmas :thumbsup:

When are you looking at leaving these shores then?

11ThousandMilesFromHome Dec 17th 2007 11:10 am

Originally Posted by suzi n steve (Post 5676743)
Wow, brilliant news Mandie! Don't blame you threatening Rick with the bobbit job after the time it took him to agree to go. Drinks on you then for Christmas :thumbsup:

When are you looking at leaving these shores then?

Thanks hun,

Just waiting to hear from CO when he'll return our passports then i think it's the 6th ish of Jan so we can spend our last weekend with rick then go

just looking on the net at a couple of rentals which look nice so will book one of them soon before they go

when you planning on getting to chch?

littleal Dec 17th 2007 11:10 am

Absolutely brilliant news!

Alison :D

suzi n steve Dec 17th 2007 11:23 am

Nadia Sawalha presents a series in which British families are given a look at life in Australia ahead of possible migration. The Hayward family from Hampshire are split. Mum and younger daughter want to emigrate to New Zealand, whereas Dad and older daughter don't. A week down under, in Christchurch, might be enough to force a decision.

Just copied this from UK TV Listings for you Mandie. I thought it was just Rick that didn't want to go? BBC doing their normal spin on things?

When are we getting out their? Long story...all to do with an exhusband going bankrupt and his name still being on the deeds to the house even though he hasn't paid anything for 13 and a half years. Solicitors are dragging their heels and I have been trying to get it sorted out for 4 years now. Grrrrrrrr. Once it's done we can sell up and get out there. Temp work visa though as hubby is a trucky. I shall have to look into getting qualified in something to get us PR. Always wanted to do midwifery, but would have to go back to school first.

Anyway, enjoy celebrating your last Christmas and New Year in the UK. Not long to go now.

Izzy and Ian Dec 17th 2007 11:37 am

Congratulations Mandie :thumbsup:

The very best Christmas news. Good luck with all the packing and arranging.

The fun starts soon!!!

11ThousandMilesFromHome Dec 17th 2007 11:41 am

Originally Posted by suzi n steve (Post 5676792)
Nadia Sawalha presents a series in which British families are given a look at life in Australia ahead of possible migration. The Hayward family from Hampshire are split. Mum and younger daughter want to emigrate to New Zealand, whereas Dad and older daughter don't. A week down under, in Christchurch, might be enough to force a decision.

Just copied this from UK TV Listings for you Mandie. I thought it was just Rick that didn't want to go? BBC doing their normal spin on things?

No it's eldest daughter too...and still doesn't.

I'm the worlds worst mother you know:blink:she'll thank me in the long run...i hope!!!

good luck with sorting out your problems and hope you're out there soon too:thumbsup:

happynz Dec 17th 2007 11:45 am

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome (Post 5676631)
Yes people you've heard it right.....

PR has been approved

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Congratulations! :D

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome (Post 5676631)
I cried:cry_smile: like a baby when i read the email:envelope:...then phoned rick and he went 'oh shite' i've told him if he backs out now the knifes out and his 'D*cks' OFF!!!

think he got the message...fingers crossed anyway!!!

In Thailand it's called feeding the duck.

Maz Dec 17th 2007 4:55 pm

Fantastic news Mandie!!! :wub: Many many congratulations! :beer: And yes, your eldest will thank you in the long run, I'm more than sure of it. Hell my Lauren is only 6 and was SO attached to her life in the US, I really started to worry, but she's settled down and forgotten all about it! (except calling her Grandma, that is :) )

P2L Dec 17th 2007 5:54 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS THE HAYWARDS

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:warmed the cockles of my heart that has.
See you soon girls!!(and Rick) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sarah, Kev and kids xxxx

ned Dec 17th 2007 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by 11ThousandMilesFromHome (Post 5676821)
No it's eldest daughter too...and still doesn't.

I'm the worlds worst mother you know:blink:she'll thank me in the long run...i hope!!!

good luck with sorting out your problems and hope you're out there soon too:thumbsup:

She has a soul mate in my son :confused:

simonmarkellis Dec 17th 2007 6:26 pm

Wicked news, congratulations...

ned Dec 17th 2007 7:13 pm

Sorry, I forgot to add my congratulations :eek: :confused:

Maz1 Dec 17th 2007 7:43 pm

Well done :thumbsup: