apprehensive wife

Old May 21st 2006, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold
Default apprehensive wife

hi everyone jane the one not good on the computer,and who needs to lose weight, but not get eaten alive
living the dream for my hubby is some what differant from me
i stay at home and look after the kids .
he brings in the the brass.
school runs x3 my youngest child is 5, next is 11 and god help anyone who has a very strong willed daughter who is 16, cant wait but feel very :scared:
any advice ?
leaving date is 25th of august and starting to have the hebeegees!!!!!!
help any sane mothers or dads who can offer any advice
loved to hear from u
jane (the women that all insects love to feast on and think i am the sunday dinner)
Old May 21st 2006, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

TillyB is just really niceTillyB is just really niceTillyB is just really niceTillyB is just really niceTillyB is just really niceTillyB is just really niceTillyB is just really niceTillyB is just really nice
Default Re: apprehensive wife

Originally Posted by waynepfry
hi everyone jane the one not good on the computer,and who needs to lose weight, but not get eaten alive
living the dream for my hubby is some what differant from me
school runs x3 my youngest child is 5, next is 11 and god help anyone who has a very strong willed daughter who is 16, cant wait but feel very :scared:
any advice ?
leaving date is 25th of august and starting to have the hebeegees!!!!!!
help any sane mothers or dads who can offer any advice
loved to hear from u
jane (the women that all insects love to feast on and think i am the sunday dinner)
Hi Jane,

Can't give you advice as in similar situation to you, and not sure I am sane....but can sympathise! We have 3 kids....8, 14 and also one of those delightful 16 year old daughters. We are heading out a few weeks before you and I feel scared too!!Everyone around me makes me feel like I am about to die and disappear off the face of this earth, which doesn't help! One friend even told me that she could see me heading back on my own without the family!!! Charming!
But worst and hardest is the 16 year old who is putting us through hell about going at the mo and making me feel so bad. How about yours?!I know how she must be feeling ( lots of uncertainty about school and which year she will be in and what subjects she will be able to do etc)but I also am convinced she will be fine when we get there! Why else would I put us all through this!
I am sure all these anxieties are normal! Come on girl...let's keep focused...we're in this together,probably with a few thousand others....got to give it a go or you'll never know. It's all good character building stuff....the computer skills will improve after all the emails home....and sod the weight...you'll need all your strength over the next few weeks!!...well that's my excuse...ha,ha!!

Smile!!
Old May 21st 2006, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

ranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant futureranbysue has a brilliant future

where are you headed and what jobs will your hubbies be doing?
Old May 21st 2006, 10:33 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum waynepfry and TillyB , I have three boys and the eldest a teenager :scared: has caused us lots of trouble over here, mainly drugs and car related.
Just try to keep your girls away from the evil weed that is everywhere here and high powered death trap cars and they should be ok.
Are they interested in sport cos there are loads of clubs they can join over here, I tried getting my middle son into rugby but he broke his ankle during his first ever training session here and it put him off for good
I've got my youngest into Penquins which a part of the St.Johns ambulance and is a bit like cubs with badges etc., he loves it and enjoys mixing with a different set of friends from school.
Old May 22nd 2006, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

any advice ?
You may find that with 3 kids you will both need to work in NZ. This also tends to be the case on OZ. A single income family would be a struggle in my opinion unless the breadwinner is on a damn good income or you live a very simple lifestyle. I'd be interested in what others think about this point.
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

HI TillyB,

thanks 4 that, jessica my daughter is happy to move but she is not the sporty type and is into msn,loud music,boys and all the other things which makes a sixteen year old so delightfull.
we are moving to auckland 4 a couple of weeks,then hopfully buying a house near the sea in north shore.
its a big area and we are going to look when we arrive,school zones seem to be very important so we bought the book Where to live in auckland really good tells you about the school zones, property prices, best streets etc......
where abouts are you bound 4?
we are about to book the medicals,thats very expensive and a pain as its miles away from where we live but all exciting stuff.
have you had yours yet?
have you decided what you are taking with you? we dont know what to do yet,weve had a couple of quotes but cant decide.
do you go with every thing you can carry in your suit case and flog the rest or take everything and hope it gets there in one piece!!!!
one good thing is hubby has a good job to go to and so money shouldnt be a probs, although its sounds very very expensive

from one :scared: mum to another :scared: mum we can do this
Old May 22nd 2006, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

hi sky
thanks for the sound advice ,fast cars and weed will not be on the list of experiences so will keep a tight rope on her.sorry to hear that your son has got into it hope all is well.
my son who will be 11 when we get there loves football, rugby and anything that he can roll about ,get dirty and damage his clothes !!!!
the idea that he might not have to wear shoes appeals to him also.
my son needs new trainers every month so this could save me a bob or two

where abouts are you in nz? and whats the weather like at the mo?
its not stop raining for about 4 days here in sunny north yorkshire.
thanks again for the welcome and the advice.
jane
Old May 22nd 2006, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

hiya
heading to auckland and then after a few weeks some where in north shore.
hubby is a manager 4 a recruitment company in the uk and will be working to set up more offices in and around auckland.
what about you ?
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:37 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

hi sky
thanks for the sound advice ,fast cars and weed will not be on the list of experiences so will keep a tight rope on her.sorry to hear that your son has got into it hope all is well.
my son who will be 11 when we get there loves football, rugby and anything that he can roll about ,get dirty and damage his clothes !!!!
the idea that he might not have to wear shoes appeals to him also.
my son needs new trainers every month so this could save me a bob or two

where abouts are you in nz? and whats the weather like at the mo?
its not stop raining for about 4 days here in sunny north yorkshire.
thanks again for the welcome and the advice.
jane
I think the no shoes thing is more on the north island, you would get frost bite if you tried it here in Canterbury at the moment Mind I am a bit of a no shoes person anyways, I never posessed a pair of slippers in the UK and if I can get away with not wearing shoes I will. Have suffered a few bee stings because of it though :scared:

"Slippers" lol what a funny word, the more you repeat it the funnier it sounds
Old May 23rd 2006, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I'll never make a kiwi.... I cant even walk across the beach barefoot without wincing. I cant believe all the kids that go barefoot everywhere..... some runners even jog past barefoot.... how can they do it?
Old May 23rd 2006, 10:17 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
I think the no shoes thing is more on the north island, you would get frost bite if you tried it here in Canterbury at the moment Mind I am a bit of a no shoes person anyways, I never posessed a pair of slippers in the UK and if I can get away with not wearing shoes I will. Have suffered a few bee stings because of it though :scared:

"Slippers" lol what a funny word, the more you repeat it the funnier it sounds
Hi Sky,

I know what your mean, I think it was about 10c today....bruuuurrr
Glad I have my slippers, just wish I had central heating...
Old May 24th 2006, 1:23 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
I'll never make a kiwi.... I cant even walk across the beach barefoot without wincing. I cant believe all the kids that go barefoot everywhere..... some runners even jog past barefoot.... how can they do it?
Just think of the looks we used to get popping up to our local Tesco express to fill up the car and boat with gas. We thought it was quite normal to go barefoot when taking the boat out in Southampton.

Kiwi
Old May 24th 2006, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Just think of the looks we used to get popping up to our local Tesco express to fill up the car and boat with gas. We thought it was quite normal to go barefoot when taking the boat out in Southampton.

Kiwi
Isn't there a law in the UK about driving the car barefoot? Obviously they don't have that law in NZ?