Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Applying for Returning Residents Visa

Applying for Returning Residents Visa

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 3:31 am
Just Joined

marcimai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for Returning Residents Visa

My husband and I have been in NZ for 23 months now. Our 2 year RRV expires 16.11.08. Anyone know how long it takes for the application to be processed for a new one? Do you have to have a telephone interview etc again? We're up north so not possible to apply in person by the way.

Also, as mentioned above, the RRV expires 16 November; my passport expires a few weeks later. I have already applied for and received a new UK passport, but what do I send with the application? My old passport (with the current RRV in), my new passport, or both??!!

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for Returning Residents Visa

Hello
We had this with our daughters (new passports) and needing IRRV etc, I hand delivered mine (old and new passports) to the Hamilton office, but I could have sent them and it took about 3 weeks. The new sticker was put in the new pasports. Other have had this done in less than a week. No telephone interviews, all done by paperwork.

Cheers
Gill
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

I dropped mine in the box in Christchurch. It was at the beginning of the month. The processing time at Chch is about 30 days due to the back log. As of last Thursday my application had not been assigned an officer.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

marcimai is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your replies, all sounds easy enough thank goodness.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Ok, so I received a call today saying that my RRV was ready for pickup. The funny thing is that it took three weeks to get to the top of the pile and then a short time in the day to actually process. You see, there was a letter with the application requesting that the visa be processed quickly as I had a trip I had to do for work at the end of the month ( To Hawaii ). Anyway the letter did no good until the application was put over to an officer. She saw the letter and then got on it.

I learned that they can process the application quickly if you show up with the actual airline tickets as proof you are travelling.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:31 am
Just Joined

nzewe is an unknown quantity at this point

We just just completed 2 yrs in NZ and I've renewed our visas to IRRV yesterday (Friday). Called in at the Christchurch office (got there at 8.15 am and was 3rd in the queue). Actually got the 2nd appointment, so was seen quickly and it took about half an hour to get the passport stickers put in. Cost was $140 for me and wife and $140 each for our two non-dependent kids. (Have to pay for each one over 19 yrs old).
Old Oct 25th 2008, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

I didn't realise that you could visit the office and wait. I could have had the visa and then gone on the trip to Hawaii that my employer wanted me to do.