Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Applying for residency visa whilst still in UK

Applying for residency visa whilst still in UK

Old Jul 27th 2019, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Clairemidwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for residency visa whilst still in UK

hi we have been invited to apply for a residency visa but are still located in the UK. There are 5 of us and they are wanting a lot of documents certified. We are wondering if anyone sent their actual documents (not including passports) and then got them returned from the immigration board at all? Thank you.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for residency visa whilst still in UK

we sent all ours and got them back. when we sent them off we also sent a prepaid return addressed envelope.
That was 11 years ago and I dont know if anythings changed
Old Jul 27th 2019, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your quick response. There is still an option for a prepaid return envelope but I'm unsure how to get one of theses? . They state they "prefer" certified things but that works out more expensive than replacing lost ones such as birth certificates etc.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clairemidwife View Post
Thank you for your quick response. There is still an option for a prepaid return envelope but I'm unsure how to get one of theses? . They state they "prefer" certified things but that works out more expensive than replacing lost ones such as birth certificates etc.

Its ok I'm full of a cold and cant sleep
​​​​​​​For the envelope just use a normal A4 envelope or a plastic one from the post office or I think most courier firms like UPS do them. just make sure you stick enough stamps on it to get the stuff back to you. The certified documents thing does seem a little silly but we just gave them what they wanted, we figured its just s few extra quid and the prize at the end of the process was worth it.

Last edited by Justcol; Jul 27th 2019 at 1:23 pm.
Old Jul 27th 2019, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Justcol View Post
Its ok I'm full of a cold and cant sleep
For the envelope just use a normal A4 envelope or a plastic one from the post office or I think most courier firms like UPS do them. just make sure you stick enough stamps on it to get the stuff back to you. The certified documents thing does seem a little silly but we just gave them what they wanted, we figured its just s few extra quid and the prize at the end of the process was worth it.
​​​​​​​Sorry to hear your full Of cold. :-( thanks for the info. Think I will send passports certified (incase we want a holiday and I have no idea How long they will keep them) (until visas granted or just look at them. And send them. Back) and send the rest as original. Checked out the nz post office and I can buy a prepay print at home label from them.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clairemidwife View Post
Sorry to hear your full Of cold. :-( thanks for the info. Think I will send passports certified (incase we want a holiday and I have no idea How long they will keep them) (until visas granted or just look at them. And send them. Back) and send the rest as original. Checked out the nz post office and I can buy a prepay print at home label from them.
thats what i did, i stuck a prepaid self addressed envelope in with it (one of the plastic bag style ones, then sent it tracked. We were a family of five and o wish i had taken a photo of the pile of documents we sent lol