Reload this Page >

Applying for registration

Applying for registration

Old Jul 10th 2018, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Kyeardley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Applying for registration

Hi everyone,
My husband and I have been discussing moving to new Zealand for many years. We are finally ready to make the move. I am a registered nurse an and my husband is an RV technician. We have 2 children ( age 5 and 19 months). My brother and his family already live in nz in Tauranga. My husband has already had contact with a company in nz and discussing a possible job offer. I am gathering what I need to register as a nurse. I am just wondering what time frames people have noticed for things to go through and if there is anything we should consider or any advice on general. Thanks everyone.

Kathryn
Old Jul 10th 2018, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for registration

Hi there

timelines can and do vary, the NZ registration is, quite rightly so, very specific in what they want. The check list with the initial registration firm is a goid start and they will email you with anything more. If you havent done it already you will need to sit your IELTS (academic) to prove your English language skills. Also you will need the NMC to send a letter of good standing direct to the NZ board, this is also the case with your qualifications(they have to come straight from your place of study). Once your reg is underway you can start looking for jobs, you would be coming over in whats proving to be a very interesting time for NZ nurses
Old Jul 11th 2018, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Thanks, interesting in what way?hope not in a bad way. I think i will contact nz nurse council about ielts as previously when I have looked it stated everyone must do them but recently there is a waiver form for UK, Ireland, USA and Canada nurses, wondering of rules have changed. I will do them if I have to but wonder if being a UK nurse means it is no longer needed?.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Would be good to check, i had to do it last year. Well those of us who work for the district health boardswe are going on strike tomorrow over pay and safe staffing,and pay equity
Old Jul 11th 2018, 5:35 am
Just Joined

When I looked last year it was still a requirement for everyone so maybe it is a recent change, but will check anyway. Hope everything gets sorted with pay for everyone. We have issues here with the NHS and pay still. Recent pay increase which is good for newer qualified and bottom band staff but for those of us that are at the top our bands it isn't benefiting us much, they're trying to level out pay and being bottom band pay nearer to top band pay level which I don't think is fair as we have more responsibility at the top of the band. There will always be issues with nurse pay wherever we work but I didn't become a nurse for the money.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 9:05 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Are you needing to come over as you being the main applicant or does your partners qualifications get you to 160 points?
Old Jul 11th 2018, 9:15 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Are you needing to come over as you being the main applicant or does your partners qualifications get you to 160 points?
I think I will be main applicant but my husband may qualify to get us here too.
Old Jul 11th 2018, 5:20 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kyeardley
I think I will be main applicant but my husband may qualify to get us here too.
here's the time frame for nurse registration http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/Nurses/International-registration. I think most people find the IELTS the area that takes the time and effort, so the quicker you can get that started the better, I can see no mention of waiver from any country apart from Australia so looks like you need to still do them. www.health.govt.nz/our-work/nursing/nurses-new-zealand/working-nurse-new-zealand/assessment-overseas-nurses

Last edited by MrsFychan; Jul 11th 2018 at 5:26 pm.