Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Applying for PR from a WTR visa

Applying for PR from a WTR visa

Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of
Default Applying for PR from a WTR visa

Hi,
Can anyone help me? We have recently moved over to New Zealand on a WTR visa - so OH has a work visa and me and the 2 children have visitor visas - we want to apply for PR but I'm not too sure where to get the info because the link on the immigration website doesn't work! The company that OH works for sorted our visas so we didn't really have to do much.

Do we need to submit an EOI and just wait for it to be selected?

Thanks for any info

Kay
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Applying for PR from a WTR visa

Is he working for an accredited employer?

Is his occupation on the skilled occupation listy?
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

KayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud ofKayC has much to be proud of

Yes he's working for an accredited employer and his job is on the long term shortage list.

Originally Posted by BEVS
Is he working for an accredited employer?

Is his occupation on the skilled occupation listy?
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:41 pm
`

OK ta. I gather the job makes your points look pretty darn good now. 140 for an automatic selection.

Yup. You need to bang in an EOI to get the ball rolling for PR. Next draw from the pool is 6th April.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great Thanks Bevs

OK ta. I gather the job makes your points look pretty darn good now. 140 for an automatic selection.

Yup. You need to bang in an EOI to get the ball rolling for PR. Next draw from the pool is 6th April.
Old Mar 26th 2011, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of

Hi, We're in same situation. I was informed that the form we need to submit is INZ1000.

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...tepsfortalent/

Sorry don't know if that link will work, i'm no good with things like that.

But forgive me if I'm wrong, I'm not clued up on it like most people on here, but from what that page reads then we don't have to submit an EOI and go into this pool thingy if we are already here on WTR? Kinda looks to me like filling out all the paperwork, providing evidence & the medicals/x rays etc then submit them all.....
Old Mar 27th 2011, 12:17 am
`

You may also be on a WTR visa but not in the same situation as KayC Keeny.

The form you have been directed to is for applying for PR after you have completed 2 years of work in NZ. It is Residence from Work.

If your occupation is on the skilled occupation list and you have the points then you could also choose to apply for PR sooner rather than after 2 years.

KayC is wanting to become a PR sooner rather than after waiting 2 years. The occupation is on the long term shortage list in NZ and therefore is wanted. They have the points so the SMC is the way to go for them if they choose to do it. I think they originally wanted PR under SMC but needed the job offer to make up the points. They now have that.

KayC and the kids are just on visitors visas at the moment. If they choose not to go for PR they will still have the expense of applying for a work permit under family stream and possibly student visas for the kids so they can go to school. If this is going to match the WTR issued to her husband, then medicals and police checks will still be involved.
Old Mar 27th 2011, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

keeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud ofkeeny has much to be proud of

You may also be on a WTR visa but not in the same situation as KayC Keeny.

The form you have been directed to is for applying for PR after you have completed 2 years of work in NZ. It is Residence from Work.

If your occupation is on the skilled occupation list and you have the points then you could also choose to apply for PR sooner rather than after 2 years.

KayC is wanting to become a PR sooner rather than after waiting 2 years. The occupation is on the long term shortage list in NZ and therefore is wanted. They have the points so the SMC is the way to go for them if they choose to do it. I think they originally wanted PR under SMC but needed the job offer to make up the points. They now have that.

KayC and the kids are just on visitors visas at the moment. If they choose not to go for PR they will still have the expense of applying for a work permit under family stream and possibly student visas for the kids so they can go to school. If this is going to match the WTR issued to her husband, then medicals and police checks will still be involved.
ok sorry
Old Mar 27th 2011, 3:48 am
`

Hey Hey . No need for a sorry at all. It's good to share in this way.

You were helping & help is what this is all about .