Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Applying for British passport from NZ/Aus

Applying for British passport from NZ/Aus

Old Nov 3rd 2011, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold
Default Applying for British passport from NZ/Aus

Has anyone been through this process recently? How long did it take from sending the form away to receiving the lovely little red book in your mailbox?

The process seems very complicated, not to mention more than twice as expensive as doing it in the UK. Most annoying thing is that they apparently (not 100% clear on the ambiguously-worded form) require you to send any other passports you hold away with the application for (???) weeks/months. For that reason I'd be particularly interested to hear from anyone with joint citizenships.

Cheers

DC
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 6:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Applying for British passport from NZ/Aus

Are you talking about renewing a UK passport or is this a first time application.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Good question. First time, so possibly most likely to be relevant to children
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DC10
Has anyone been through this process recently? How long did it take from sending the form away to receiving the lovely little red book in your mailbox?

DC
I'd like to know too, I'm just about to send the kid's passports off as they have just expired and need renewing. Over $800 it costs for 3 of them inc. new photogs!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:42 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
I'd like to know too, I'm just about to send the kid's passports off as they have just expired and need renewing. Over $800 it costs for 3 of them inc. new photogs!
you can do much of it at the postshop - well hand over all the forms, etc
I think our last one took about 3 weeks
make sure your signatures are from a NZ citizen - I've been asked a few times to do that but had to say sorry.
you may get a letter asking you to confirm the status of the kids - ie that you are not separated.
I'm about to get a new one fore Si. L wants me to do it now but I was going to hold out for our NZ passports early in the New Year. But I'm always wrong!!
Old Nov 4th 2011, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
you can do much of it at the postshop - well hand over all the forms, etc
I think our last one took about 3 weeks
make sure your signatures are from a NZ citizen - I've been asked a few times to do that but had to say sorry.
you may get a letter asking you to confirm the status of the kids - ie that you are not separated.
I'm about to get a new one fore Si. L wants me to do it now but I was going to hold out for our NZ passports early in the New Year. But I'm always wrong!!
My signature is not from a citizen but she's been here as long as I have from the UK! Please tell me I don't have to do all that too?? I'm just going to send them as they are
Old Nov 4th 2011, 1:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Surely a British referee will do/be even better?? I was thinking of sending my documents to an accountant friend in London as countersignatory...
Old Nov 4th 2011, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Surely a British referee will do/be even better?? I was thinking of sending my documents to an accountant friend in London as countersignatory...
I've sent mine this arvo. $721 later... (plus $60 for passport photogs )

British person living in NZ who is a company director was acceptable as I asked this at the postie, she signed it off, took my money (:homy and put them in a huge envelope addressed to the BHC.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Addictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to allAddictedtosushi is a name known to all

I had to get 6 passports and found it was super quick it took a week and a half for them all to come back.
I did have to send one of them back as they had put the wrong date of birth in.
Just make sure when you get your photos done that you tell them it is for a uk passport as the nz passport photos are a different size.

We are now all going to be eating bread and butter for a month as the price for all the passports and photos were a 100% rip off.But thats okay at least I have lovely scenery to look at every day.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:22 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

My signature is not from a citizen but she's been here as long as I have from the UK! Please tell me I don't have to do all that too?? I'm just going to send them as they are
well I think you are OK, I'm getting confused in old age that was all to do with Kiwis and their kids applying for passports. sorry.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Got a replacement 18 months ago for my son, took about 2 weeks from posting it off to getting it back
Old Nov 5th 2011, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Addictedtosushi
I had to get 6 passports and found it was super quick it took a week and a half for them all to come back.
I did have to send one of them back as they had put the wrong date of birth in.
Just make sure when you get your photos done that you tell them it is for a uk passport as the nz passport photos are a different size.

We are now all going to be eating bread and butter for a month as the price for all the passports and photos were a 100% rip off.But thats okay at least I have lovely scenery to look at every day.
but at the scenery comment!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

DC
Just received 2 of the 3 kid's passports back from the UK! WOW they're very different from the last ones...! 10 days ago I posted them to Wellington, and now they're in my possession.

Now to get the blue stickers put back in them
Old Nov 14th 2011, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Just received 2 of the 3 kid's passports back from the UK! WOW they're very different from the last ones...! 10 days ago I posted them to Wellington, and now they're in my possession.

Now to get the blue stickers put back in them
$90 each for the new stickers to go in! $1000 for new passports and we're not even booked to fly anywhere
Old Nov 14th 2011, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

It does sound quite efficient then, if expensive.

My other problem is not knowing any "professional" witnesses in this part of the world

So I think I'm going to make do with my Aus one until I'm next in the UK for a few weeks, then take advantage of the £77 fee over there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.