Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

ANZ Bank (New Zealand)

ANZ Bank (New Zealand)

Old Oct 11th 2003, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough
Default ANZ Bank (New Zealand)

Hi,

Can I have any information, good or bad, on the ANZ Bank in New Zealand please?

Many thanks

Helen
Old Oct 12th 2003, 4:45 am
Just Joined

Wanaka girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Regarding ANZ Bank

we opened a account with them nine years ago when we emigrated for first time.

Have found The National Bank better. More branches around the country.

Better exchange rate when transfering money from UK.

Also best interest rate on savings, term deposit. The National Bank is owned by Lloyds TSB so for transfering funds its direct, it doesn't go through another bank which mays transactions quicker.

Hope this helps.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 5:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with comments about National Bank. We also were with Lloyds TSB and transferred to National, we have been very happy with thier service.

Rob
Old Oct 12th 2003, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

ANZ have a bit of a bad reputation in NZ. A couple of months ago I was working at a legal practice in Akl, & spoke to one of the partners about banks/conveyancing & a few other things. He said to avoid ANZ as they can be difficult to deal with.

ASB are very good (have used them for the past 3yrs) can't vouch for National Bank as I have never used them, however have heard from other people they also are good. Another co I have heard good things about is Bank Direct (a subsidiary of ASB).

Rgds,

Russ
Old Oct 12th 2003, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

DaisyNZ is on a distinguished road

ANZ rated joint worst I think in the consumer magazine a while ago. They did a kind of test where they deposited $10 into each bank and waited to see what happened if they didn't touch it. ANZ's account was well into the negative by the time they came to withdraw it. All due to fees even though the account wasn't touched. I think BNZ were almost as bad. ASB (our choice) and National did okay.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough

Thanks to you all for your reply's. I think we shall stay clear of ANZ. Can I ask, is it possible to use your cash card in other bank's ATM's?

Helen
Old Oct 12th 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by tom's mum
Thanks to you all for your reply's. I think we shall stay clear of ANZ. Can I ask, is it possible to use your cash card in other bank's ATM's?

Helen
Using your card at other banks' ATMs is no problem, but does attract an additional fee (about 50c per transaction)