Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone work for Wellington Free Ambulance?

Anyone work for Wellington Free Ambulance?

Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:33 am
Just Joined

Shoegal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone work for Wellington Free Ambulance?

Hi all,

I am a complete newbie to this forum and am wondering if any of the members work for W.F.A? I have heard a rumour that they are going to do/are doing an oversees recruitment drive. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me? I am a Paramedic in England & am seriously considering a move to NZ, which would obviously be much easier with a job to go to!

Ta very much
Old Sep 6th 2008, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone work for Wellington Free Ambulance?

Can't confirm or deny for you, but 'Spackster' is your girl, as she works for them!!! If you make a few more posts, you'll be able to PM her, she won't mind!!!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
Can't confirm or deny for you, but 'Spackster' is your girl, as she works for them!!! If you make a few more posts, you'll be able to PM her, she won't mind!!!
Thanks very much for replying. I will do a bit more scribing and then send her a PM.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shoegal
Thanks very much for replying. I will do a bit more scribing and then send her a PM.
I told her tonight about you, so hopefully she'll logon...
Old Sep 7th 2008, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
I told her tonight about you, so hopefully she'll logon...
Thanks again then simonmarkellis!
Old Sep 7th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Smurf1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I am a complete newbie to this forum and am wondering if any of the members work for W.F.A? I have heard a rumour that they are going to do/are doing an oversees recruitment drive. Can anyone confirm or deny this for me? I am a Paramedic in England & am seriously considering a move to NZ, which would obviously be much easier with a job to go to!

Ta very much
Hi Shoegal

I've just come on to the NZ site as I saw an add in the Ambulance Magazine that gets delivered to the sations advertising for staff in Wellington also Auckland and Christchurch, just started looking so not had much chance to check things out, but did read they do take us but need qualifications checked and sent to Auckland university but i don't know yet if that needs to be done before or after application, let you know if i find out anymore, if you could do the same that would be great

Smurf
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Hi all,

Ta very much
It is true, I do work for WFA and they are actively recruiting in the UK at the mo. There has just been a government review of ambulance provisions in NZ and it seems all services over here are recruiting in advance of more funding. Personally I have found that WFA have a higher skill set than the rest of the country. Here we can thrombolysis, cardio-vert', pace, and administer CPAP, St Johns cant even do 12 leads in some places. It is generally quieter here than in the UK however Auckland is very busy, especially south Auckland. Hope this is of some help.

Jac
Old Sep 18th 2008, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Smurf1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spackster
It is true, I do work for WFA and they are actively recruiting in the UK at the mo. There has just been a government review of ambulance provisions in NZ and it seems all services over here are recruiting in advance of more funding. Personally I have found that WFA have a higher skill set than the rest of the country. Here we can thrombolysis, cardio-vert', pace, and administer CPAP, St Johns cant even do 12 leads in some places. It is generally quieter here than in the UK however Auckland is very busy, especially south Auckland. Hope this is of some help.

Jac
Hi spackster

Can you give any advise on wages and shift patterns over there and a rough idea what the service is like to work for, i keep hearing wages are a lot less over there, i'm not to concerned with that just need to know if it is liveable, there will be myself OH my 12 and 16 year old going, am hoping that we sell this house and it would hopefully pay for most if not all of a new house over there, so that would be one less bill to worry about, also are you able to give me a rough idea what the interview process would be like, any advice would be appreciated, sorry to be a bother