Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone work for ADHB?

Anyone work for ADHB?

Old Jan 29th 2011, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future
Default Anyone work for ADHB?

Hi all

Anyone work for/has been offered a position for a job with Auckland District Health Board?

They've offered us a relocation package including $2200 for shipping. As far as I've been told they will tell us which company they deal with... and then we can pay anything extra.

Anyone know who they deal with?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone work for ADHB?

Hi Rick

I know Waitemata District Health Board use Crown Relocations, as this is who we used when moving over.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

rick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant futurerick78 has a brilliant future

Crown are the first ones I thought of... probably cos there was a programme on over here a while ago about them...

they seem reputable enough... good experiences?

Ta.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all

Hi, I am due to move to Auckland in August and would be looking to work for a health board in the area and am interested to know about the relocation package potentially on offer with ADHB. Was just wondering what your profession is ? I am an OT.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Rusty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annabel1
Hi, I am due to move to Auckland in August and would be looking to work for a health board in the area and am interested to know about the relocation package potentially on offer with ADHB. Was just wondering what your profession is ? I am an OT.
Hi Annabell,

Just started at adhb MH nurse, i got flight (one way) meet and greet,and 2 weeks accommodation at the quadrant (really nice). if you want i will find out the name of the OT recruitment manager, you will need to negotiate a package with him/her.

good luck
emma
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:10 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rick78
Hi all

Anyone work for/has been offered a position for a job with Auckland District Health Board?

They've offered us a relocation package including $2200 for shipping. As far as I've been told they will tell us which company they deal with... and then we can pay anything extra.

Anyone know who they deal with?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
$2,200 is that all?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
$2,200 is that all?
Better than our $45 taxi
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

The relocation package at the moment is flights for myself and family, 6 weeks accommodation in Auckland and $2200 shipping.

I didn't think that was too bad

I realise shipping all our belongings will be a lot more than that and of course we'll need to make up the difference... but the free flights and accommodation more than makes up for it in my eyes
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:50 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just comparing it to what it cost us to ship from NZ to Australia.

Even with what amounts to a $2200 (1,000 pounds) discount you may find that if you shop around a bit you can get a better deal with another shipping company than the one your DHB is using.

Worth considering, why not see if they'll let you use that 2200 on your first month's rent or something?
Old Jan 30th 2011, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah good point... I'll be receiving the info via email mid week so I'll research how much it costs with their nominated company versus shopping around and take it from there
Old Jan 30th 2011, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rusty
Hi Annabell,

Just started at adhb MH nurse, i got flight (one way) meet and greet,and 2 weeks accommodation at the quadrant (really nice). if you want i will find out the name of the OT recruitment manager, you will need to negotiate a package with him/her.

good luck
emma
Hi Emma,

That would be great, I have applied for one OT job recently with ADHB and am waiting to hear back from them, although I think I may have applied a little early as I won't get into Auckland till the end of August.

Thanks
Old Jan 30th 2011, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rick78

The relocation package at the moment is flights for myself and family, 6 weeks accommodation in Auckland and $2200 shipping.

I didn't think that was too bad

I realise shipping all our belongings will be a lot more than that and of course we'll need to make up the difference... but the free flights and accommodation more than makes up for it in my eyes
Hi there, ,this sounds fantastic! Good luck with your move and I hope all goes well. Laura and myself (laura is a staff nurse) are flying to NZ in May. Could you provide any further info (or who to contact) on this relocation package as that sounds amazing!

Thanks,
David & Laura.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all

Hello

just thought I'd add my 2 pennies worth! I've been offered job as mh nurse with adhb and am in the process of visa applications etc. The relocation package I was offered was the same as the previous poster: flights for my self, but not my children, meet n greet and 2 weeks accommodation. However I negotiated with their hr dept whom contact you once you're through interview stage and exchanged the accommodation for part shipping costs equating to half the value!

Have to say their hr team have been pretty good and very supportive thus far
Ali
Old Jan 31st 2011, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aliwales
Hello

just thought I'd add my 2 pennies worth! I've been offered job as mh nurse with adhb and am in the process of visa applications etc. The relocation package I was offered was the same as the previous poster: flights for my self, but not my children, meet n greet and 2 weeks accommodation. However I negotiated with their hr dept whom contact you once you're through interview stage and exchanged the accommodation for part shipping costs equating to half the value!

Have to say their hr team have been pretty good and very supportive thus far
Ali
Wow - that is exciting news!

On behalf of my partner Laura, (she is going to create an account on here later today), could you tell us how you went about securing work and having this support from the ADHB? Did you just email the HR or were you applying for positions on their website? I assume you had already made it onto the nursing register, or are you getting assistance on that from the ADHB HR?

Laura has been working with another agency (geneva-health)to get onto the nursing register and then get her a job. However they are not assisting with flights or relocation costs. Hence we'd be very interested in knowing more! Would love to exchange private messages with either yourself or the original poster - Rick.

Thanks,
David & Laura.
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all

Hi again

please feel free to pm! I went through an agency who are actively involved in recruitment for Auckland health board, different one to yourself . Their advice was invaluable. Step 1 was register with nursing council, step 2 put for ward for interviews once on nursing council Nz, then had interview and secured post.

Few days later contacted by their hr dept who have been great, U get allocated someone as a contact and they liase with you through whole process.

It was that contact that negotiated the relocation package with their dept head on my behalf. If you request relocation assistance they're very quick to kick that into action for you. The company they use are crown, who have also been great !!!

Ali

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.