Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Whangarei? (or elsewhere in Northland?)

Anyone in Whangarei? (or elsewhere in Northland?)

Old Sep 19th 2013, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

tiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud of
Default Anyone in Whangarei? (or elsewhere in Northland?)

We're moving there next month. Any pointers anyone can give us on the areas would be appreciated! We're torn between Maunu/Kamo/Maungatapere or going a bit further out to somewhere more rural and/or beachy, maybe Ngunguru/Whangarei Heads/etc. Good schools are a must. Keen to know stuff about what to do with kids, toddler groups etc. and just general info about living there. I know it's a long shot to find anyone in here as it's such a small city, but I hear there are quite a lot of migrants there so you never know!
Old Sep 19th 2013, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone in Whangarei? (or elsewhere in Northland?)

Hi,

I'm in Whangarei, well for work in anycase. Live 30min out top end of Parua Bay.

Sorry cant answer questions on schools, no children anymore, but can help on other matters.

Maunu is nice & Kamo West.

Whangarei heads is further out, abt 3/4hr at least travel distance away, and expensive.

Lots of rural areas, many for sale along Mount Tiger Road.

PM me any questions, am happy to try and answer them

Time to head out for work..................

Ian.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

tiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud oftiger mama has much to be proud of

Thanks Ian good to hear from you, I have PMed you!
Old Sep 21st 2013, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

kpalm24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Moving there too next month! On my own initially, and will be staying in Whangarei Heads for a few months. Looking long term thinking Maunu/Kamo around there. Not sure how old your children are, mine is 11 and looking at Pompellier catholic college or Whangarei Intermediate. Been told these are good schools, but not sure of the primaries.