Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Wanganui??

Anyone in Wanganui??

Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:11 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Wanganui??

Hi anyone in Wanganui, it would be nice to meet up with some brits in my area, only know one.... and there are no meet ups or anything...would be nice to meet someone in the same situation as me and share experience and a laugh....I look at other threads and they have meet ups and i feel envious...

but on the bright side i like it here...but would like more friends...Have friends in Napier and they are always getting together with lots of Brits...seems to be more in other areas...

and not saying I dont want to mix with the kiwis just in case anyone starts,
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:43 am

Default Re: Anyone in Wanganui??

oh well i take it there isn't then judging by the non replies...oh well worth a try....
Old Aug 13th 2008, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

iwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond reputeiwannagonow has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Anyone in Wanganui??

Hi,

Sorry I'm not from Wanganui....just wanted to get your question back to the top of the forum....someone from near you may see it!!

Cheryl x
Old Aug 13th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
Hi,

Sorry I'm not from Wanganui....just wanted to get your question back to the top of the forum....someone from near you may see it!!

Cheryl x
My daughter & family lived in Wanganui for 6 months and did not find any friends either I hope you have better uick. I am with Cheryl keep it at the top.

June
Old Aug 14th 2008, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
My daughter & family lived in Wanganui for 6 months and did not find any friends either I hope you have better uick. I am with Cheryl keep it at the top.

June
Thanks you two,,, well we live in Wanganui, and have done for just over 1 year, have only 1 friend here and the neighbours are nice...but I have just started work so that might open some doors....at least I have one good friend from the Uk who lives in Napier....but we came to wanganui as my husband had a good money job offer we could not refuse, but who knows what the future holds, I Like it here but would be happier if i had a few more friends...but oh well .

At least i have my best friend from the UK who lives in Napier and we get together for weekends which makes it better...anyway thanks,
Old Aug 14th 2008, 4:43 am
Enjoying retirement

NakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to beholdNakiMan is a splendid one to behold

My partner and I live in Waverley, about 45K north of you about midway between wanganui and Hawera
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by NakiMan
My partner and I live in Waverley, about 45K north of you about midway between wanganui and Hawera
Oh yes i know waverley....
Old Aug 15th 2008, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

keznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud of

Hi

I live in Feilding before Palm North and well you know its only 40 mins down the road. I go up to Wanganui once a month for work.
I dont mind catching up with you for a coffee.

Let me know if we can help you along
Old Aug 15th 2008, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by keznjj
Hi

I live in Feilding before Palm North and well you know its only 40 mins down the road. I go up to Wanganui once a month for work.
I dont mind catching up with you for a coffee.

Let me know if we can help you along
Sure let me know when you want a coffee how long you been here? are you married kids btw???
Old Aug 15th 2008, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

keznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud ofkeznjj has much to be proud of

just pm'd you
Old Aug 16th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

We're hoping to move there... once we sell the house... market a weeny bit slow atm!

Whereabouts in Wanganui are you? Guessing St John's Hill? We're hoping to move to Springvale
Old Aug 16th 2008, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by dlmckay
We're hoping to move there... once we sell the house... market a weeny bit slow atm!

Whereabouts in Wanganui are you? Guessing St John's Hill? We're hoping to move to Springvale
We Live in springvale, peakes road...
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

that's spooky - we've an offer on a house on Lincoln Road.

Any one want to buy my house? It's really nice