British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Anyone used Pickfords for shipping?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/anyone-used-pickfords-shipping-631673/)

drcallycat Sep 20th 2009 11:52 am

Anyone used Pickfords for shipping??

Hi there - We are just about to choose a shipping company as we're off to Auckland Nov. We've had quotes from Anglo-Pacific, PSS, European Van Lines and Pickfords. Pickfords have come out much cheaper than the others for a full container. I have used them for UK removals before but not heard anything good or bad about them on here for international removals.
Does anyone have any experience of using them and if so any advice? My new employer is going to pay up to $6K so that would cover the shipping alone really so want to get the best deal but also good service. Anglo-Pacific were the most expensive and I've heard mixed reports about PSS and EVL. We want to book one this week so any advice appreciated!! Thank you folks. :fingerscrossed:

shirl Sep 20th 2009 9:33 pm

Re: Anyone used Pickfords for shipping??

Originally Posted by drcallycat (Post 7947703)
Hi there - We are just about to choose a shipping company as we're off to Auckland Nov. We've had quotes from Anglo-Pacific, PSS, European Van Lines and Pickfords. Pickfords have come out much cheaper than the others for a full container. I have used them for UK removals before but not heard anything good or bad about them on here for international removals.
Does anyone have any experience of using them and if so any advice? My new employer is going to pay up to $6K so that would cover the shipping alone really so want to get the best deal but also good service. Anglo-Pacific were the most expensive and I've heard mixed reports about PSS and EVL. We want to book one this week so any advice appreciated!! Thank you folks. :fingerscrossed:

We used Allied Pickfords to go into storage in the Uk for a year and then they shipped here - no problems initially and it all went very smoothly with no problems but a couple of years down the track I am thinking to myself, where did such and such go that we used to have - did we pack it or did we sell it!! OH thinks there was a box missing although we counted the same number of boxes this end that they took into store but we took other stuff to be put in the container before we left and not sure if some stuff got left behind!! Nothing major, just maybe a box of bits and bobs, a few dvd's and such like. Methinks I am going crazy lol !!!

mistran Sep 21st 2009 1:12 am

Hi,
We used Pickfords when we arrived in NZ in 2008, Great service and the guys who unloaded actually did help us unpack and even assisted me in reassembling some furniture.

newnip Sep 21st 2009 3:10 am

We used Pickfords and the only problem we had was the extra cost this end because we went a few k's over their limit! They wouldn't budge and we had to pay it! Everything arrived fine except for one lamp which was slightly damaged, didn't think that was too bad considering how far stuff had come!

Packers/unpackers both ends were great - very helpful.

Just watch out for the small print re extra charges.

teebrown Sep 21st 2009 7:09 am

We used Allied Pickfords in March, they were great, nothing was broken, and they were very helpful and professional, I would use them again.

:thumbup:

Deepseamark Sep 21st 2009 7:34 am

Hello

we have used Pickfords, they were very good in the UK especially the packers. We have only been here a week so our container has not yet arrived in Auckland but we know whhich ship it is on and it is due to dock on the 5th Nov
Mark