Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone used the BE Free UK phone number?

Anyone used the BE Free UK phone number?

Old Sep 18th 2007, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Rosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the rough
Default Anyone used the BE Free UK phone number?

I've just noticed on the BE homepage there is a box on the right hand side advertising a free UK phone number, so when friends and family phone they would only be charged the equivalent of a UK local call (4 pence a minute if you are based in Wellington).

Has anyone used this yet?

We have been using Skype and Skype out to phone everyone back in the UK, but have found that they are reluctant to call because of the price of an international call. I'm wondering if this may be the solution.

They've got no excuse now
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:25 am
Just Joined

Yoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone used the BE Free UK phone number?

Originally Posted by Rosiesue
I've just noticed on the BE homepage there is a box on the right hand side advertising a free UK phone number, so when friends and family phone they would only be charged the equivalent of a UK local call (4 pence a minute if you are based in Wellington).

We have been using Skype and Skype out to phone everyone back in the UK, but have found that they are reluctant to call because of the price of an international call. I'm wondering if this may be the solution.

Hi, Rosiesue, my family use a number to call NZ : 0844 4621515 then follow instructions, ie dial int code followed by local code minus 0 then number. 2p per minute (they tell you how much). If my mum can do it anyone can. It has recently change numbers, was 1p before! Hope this helps, if not i'll double check with my mum.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Rosiesue

Try www.webcalldirect.com
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

try 0844 8613838 then follow instructions, ie dial int code followed by local code minus 0 then number.

They tell you how much it costs per minute, as soon as you dial the 0844 number.

It's currently only 1p per minute
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Rosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the rough

Thanks everyone. I didn't realise there was so much choice. If they can phone me for 1 or 2p a minute, then there really is no excuse.

My sister tried me on the new BE number and it worked fine. Although it means that she can phone direct through to me (rather than via another number) it isn't as cheap as the other options that have been suggested, so I'll let her know and she can make the choice.