Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Anglo Pacific?

Anyone used Anglo Pacific?

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default Anyone used Anglo Pacific?

Hey everyone

As part of the service provided by our agent they put you in contact with other companies that may offer services you need. The removal company that contacted us is Anglo Pacific. Just wondering if anyone has used them and what you thought of them, costs etc. We dont think we will fill a whole container so we will probably have to pay on the space we use - i think thats how it works They have sent through a pack with a dvd in it and I was quite happy with what i saw but you never can tell from a dvd can you!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

MooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond reputeMooMoo290373 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used Anglo Pacific?

We are using them , we also only had a part container, ours arrives on Feb 14Th, they were by far the cheapest for us, and so far have kept us quite informed at all times. HTH
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MooMoo290373
We are using them , we also only had a part container, ours arrives on Feb 14Th, they were by far the cheapest for us, and so far have kept us quite informed at all times. HTH
Thanks for your reply i hope you dont mind me asking but how much roughly do you think it will cost and also i have heard that if you take a part container it takes longer as you have to wait for it to be filled. I was wondering how that has worked out for you, have you had a long wait? Again, hope you dont mind me asking but its nice to hear it from someone who is already going through the process
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

michellesimotich is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I used them too. Also only had part container, took about 3 months to arrive - from memory I do recall it taking longer than they initially quoted. No problems though, everything arrived fine. Not sure about cost as work paid, but presume that they would use someone reasononably priced.

Michelle
Old Jan 24th 2010, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lee Lee
Hey everyone

As part of the service provided by our agent they put you in contact with other companies that may offer services you need. The removal company that contacted us is Anglo Pacific. Just wondering if anyone has used them and what you thought of them, costs etc. We dont think we will fill a whole container so we will probably have to pay on the space we use - i think thats how it works They have sent through a pack with a dvd in it and I was quite happy with what i saw but you never can tell from a dvd can you!
Yep we used them but as already said the goods took a while to get here but we did have a shared container, but as far as service no problems with them atall
Old Jan 24th 2010, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

We used them and OMG i would never again, We left in December and it arrived in mid April, though it was only a half container but still it sat in britain for 8 weeks or there abouts. for this it cost £3000 im sure. Also most of our furniture was damaged and to this day we have not been paid insurance out it has been a nightmare. They wanted quotes for new and to repair but still nothing and keep questioning the costs. an absolute joke
Old Jan 24th 2010, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
We used them and OMG i would never again, We left in December and it arrived in mid April, though it was only a half container but still it sat in britain for 8 weeks or there abouts. for this it cost £3000 im sure. Also most of our furniture was damaged and to this day we have not been paid insurance out it has been a nightmare. They wanted quotes for new and to repair but still nothing and keep questioning the costs. an absolute joke
Thats the problem if you only have half a container, they keep it on the wharf till they can fill it, a complete pain in the arse, better trying to fill it up
Old Jan 24th 2010, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your comments everyone
Old Jan 24th 2010, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi we used them & whilst they were fine they did sub contract the work so check out beforehand who they use. The quote we had was for a 20ft container & that was before I had a clear out. When the day of moving came we didnt have enough room & had to pay extra for separate items being shipped. The company on this side were fab though.

I would suggest that if you don't fill a full container it may be worth paying for it as you then wont have to wait for other half being filled & you may be surpised at how much stuff you do have in lofts, garages etc.

The packing took 2 days & was done by 2 different teams which didnt help. They also packed a pile of stuff that we asked them not to as we needed them including all OH's shoes ( it was quite funny though , especially as they weren't mine !) so we had to unpack boxes to find them !

I would also check out insurance & make sure that all valuable items are covered.

Good luck with packing
Old Jan 30th 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bolton1
Hi we used them & whilst they were fine they did sub contract the work so check out beforehand who they use. The quote we had was for a 20ft container & that was before I had a clear out. When the day of moving came we didnt have enough room & had to pay extra for separate items being shipped. The company on this side were fab though.

I would suggest that if you don't fill a full container it may be worth paying for it as you then wont have to wait for other half being filled & you may be surpised at how much stuff you do have in lofts, garages etc.

The packing took 2 days & was done by 2 different teams which didnt help. They also packed a pile of stuff that we asked them not to as we needed them including all OH's shoes ( it was quite funny though , especially as they weren't mine !) so we had to unpack boxes to find them !

I would also check out insurance & make sure that all valuable items are covered.

Good luck with packing
Thanks for the reply. I had said to my hubby it may be worth paying for a whole container. Not just because we would have to wait for it to be filled but you are the second person thats said about having to pay extra for shipping because they couldn't fit everything in.

Wondering how much roughly do you think we are looking at for insurance - its all those types of extras that you forget about
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi I think its around 3% levy of the goods you insure. We therefore didnt insure every item just the ones that were more expensive eg t.v's, dining table & chairs etc but didnt insure every piece of crockery etc. This was all done with Anglo Pacific.
Hope this helps
Old Jan 31st 2010, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Hi I think its around 3% levy of the goods you insure. We therefore didnt insure every item just the ones that were more expensive eg t.v's, dining table & chairs etc but didnt insure every piece of crockery etc. This was all done with Anglo Pacific.
Hope this helps
Oh thats how it works! I thought perhaps you had to insure the whole contents of the container. I'm so glad i spent a fortune on loads and loads of good crockery - now i'm gonna spend another load of money to insure it all

You've been lots of help, Thanks bolton1
Old Jan 31st 2010, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

rushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to allrushmere is a name known to all

Hope this helps
I guess you just have to think about how much risk you're willing to accept when deciding what to insure.

It's rare, but not unknown, for a container to fall off a ship, and you could lose absolutely everything. All of those cheap uninsured things could add up to a lot of money. If you're happy that the risk is small, and could somehow manage if you lost everything, then you can be selective with your insurance. I'm a bit more cautious, so I'll be insuring everything when the big day arrives!
Old Jan 31st 2010, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rushmere
I guess you just have to think about how much risk you're willing to accept when deciding what to insure.

It's rare, but not unknown, for a container to fall off a ship, and you could lose absolutely everything. All of those cheap uninsured things could add up to a lot of money. If you're happy that the risk is small, and could somehow manage if you lost everything, then you can be selective with your insurance. I'm a bit more cautious, so I'll be insuring everything when the big day arrives!
hmmm, never thought of it like that, I too am a bit of a worry pants and always look at the worst possible outcome so I might just end up doing the same I imagine its gonna cost a fair amount to insure all the contents... Better start saving some pennies!