Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone use an on-line broker to buy NZ shares?

Anyone use an on-line broker to buy NZ shares?

Old Feb 21st 2013, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Kin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to all
Default Anyone use an on-line broker to buy NZ shares?

Does anyone use an on-line broker to buy NZ shares? I would like to dabble in the NZ stockmarket but not sure where to start! Any help really appreciated.
Old Feb 21st 2013, 11:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

chc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond reputechc4me has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone use an on-line broker to buy NZ shares?

Hi,

You could look up the various Sharebrokers, here's a list. The list includes links to the firms so that you can do your own research.

You will need to decide what level of service you want i.e a discount broker or a full service broker or something in between. A discount / web broker will usually provide no advice and just transact based on your instructions, great if you know what you want to buy or sell and are able to monitor your investments. A full service broker is usually more active, contacting you with ideas and recommendations that suit you along with the provision of research. Full service brokers may offer monitoring services

Brokerage Fees in New Zealand usually range between $30 - $100 minimum. There is no stamp duty for shares in NZ. If you are buying shares or bonds offshore, then make sure you ask about fees or any extras such as stamp duty in the UK.

Most well known discount brokers in NZ:
ASB Securities
ANZ Securities

Main Full Service Brokers:
Craigs Investment Partners
First NZ Capital
Forsyth Barr
Macquarie Private Wealth

Best of luck with your investments.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Kin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to allKin1of2 is a name known to all
Default Re: Anyone use an on-line broker to buy NZ shares?

Thank you chc4me! Loads of really useful and helpful information - much appreciated.