Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone transfering to the Police?

Anyone transfering to the Police?

Old May 16th 2008, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

gemmawardell has a brilliant futuregemmawardell has a brilliant futuregemmawardell has a brilliant futuregemmawardell has a brilliant futuregemmawardell has a brilliant futuregemmawardell has a brilliant future
Default Anyone transfering to the Police?

Hello there, me and my husband live in Hertfordshire and are moving out towards the end of the year transfering to the police.Just wondered if there was anyone nearby who is in the same boat moving over and fancied meeting up before. Just so that we know atleast someone.
Old May 16th 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

sparkywater is just really nicesparkywater is just really nicesparkywater is just really nicesparkywater is just really nicesparkywater is just really nicesparkywater is just really nicesparkywater is just really nicesparkywater is just really nicesparkywater is just really nicesparkywater is just really nicesparkywater is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone transfering to the Police?

I am Met at the moment but living in Bedfordshire intending moving over when I retire in three years, went over this year on a rece. I have considered approaching the NZ Police as they have no upper age limit, but you have to go through basic training etc so not sure if hats for me. Dont know what roles the civil staff can under take as that may be an option if they want an ex career detective to clutter up the place.
Old May 17th 2008, 7:43 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine currently in the Hampshire and IOW constabulary is transferring and hoping to be over later this year.
The NZ police are crediting him with his UK years of service and have offered him a choice of locations.
If you want to pm me your contact details, I'll pass them on to him and his missus.
It never hurts to introduce yourself, eh?
Old May 17th 2008, 8:03 am
Just Joined

gemmawardell has a brilliant futuregemmawardell has a brilliant futuregemmawardell has a brilliant futuregemmawardell has a brilliant futuregemmawardell has a brilliant futuregemmawardell has a brilliant future

Thanks for that, would be good to chat to someone moving over. My husband got his job offer through and starts in October whereas i haven't heard yet!
I cannot send you a PM yet as I am knew to this!!!
Also when we went for our Fitness tests in London they said that they may not be coming to England to recruit again, but if you PM me i can give you an e-mail address of the recruitment team in Nz who I'm sure will let you know all you need to know with regards to transfering in a couple of years. I'm not sure about civilian posts either!
Old May 17th 2008, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Grimbonz is an unknown quantity at this point

Gemma,

Finally I've tracked someone down from the interview day in April.

I've had a job offer for October and will be posted to Kerikeri (long story as to why I know where I'm going already.

Will send a PM, which hopefully you will be able to read.

Graham. The tall bloke with his wife!!
Old May 17th 2008, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

Well done, congratulations. As I said Dave is in definately but we're not sure about me. He starts in October as well so will see you there!Getting very nervous about the whole move now.
Old May 18th 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

Hi
I've been told that I am on the Jan/Feb course but not been told where I am going to be posted though. Apparently I should know in the next 2 weeks. Hoping for either Wellington or Wanganui.
Fingers crossed.
Anyone else know if they are on the January course?
Old May 20th 2008, 6:13 am
Just Joined

I don't know whether anyone else from the January course knows and chrissie said it would be another 4 weeks until they do!It's a bit awkward for us as we need to start sorting things out. But we are going to go on the back of my husbands job offer and hopefully I will be joining you on the Jan course
We are hoping for Wellington as well so we could also end up working together!!!
Old May 20th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

JasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to allJasonSouthYorks is a name known to all

Gemma, I was initially told that ALL offers and postings would be out w/c 5/5/08. 4 weeks from now doesn't surprise me. That will only be about six weeks late!!! Time does travel slowly over there.
Keep in touch and let me know as soon as you hear anything and vice versa.
Old May 20th 2008, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

thebuyerofshite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gemmawardell
Hello there, me and my husband live in Hertfordshire and are moving out towards the end of the year transfering to the police.Just wondered if there was anyone nearby who is in the same boat moving over and fancied meeting up before. Just so that we know atleast someone.
Hi Gemma
My husband has just had the job offer through and is on the October course too. We are moving our whole family over and I would love to meet someone else going through the same thing. We are in Bristol. It's been such a long wait from our interview date on 12 March! Have to sell the house etc. I think we'll be placed in Auckland but am not sure...still waiting on details of the location.
Let me know how you get on.
Eva
Old May 21st 2008, 11:20 am
Just Joined

So much to do and so little time, I have just sent you a Pm about another forum that could help you as well! Are you going to come and stay in Welly during the training or are you going to settle in Aucland. It's so hard not knowing exactly where your going to end up. We got an e-mail this morning with lots of information about pensions and my husband is going to be based in Welly which is what we asked for, so that's a good start. We haven't even got our house on the market yet
Have you gotta big family to take? We've gotta 21 month old girl who will be just over two when we go out which means we'll have to pay more on the flights!
Also taking the two dogs, glutton for punishment!!!:curse:
Old May 30th 2008, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

ScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant futureScottyD has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Anyone transfering to the Police?

Hi - glad to find some other people going out for the October course.
We are also going to be based in Wellington and would love to make contact with others who may be out there at the same time.

We've got 2 kids (2yrs and 4yrs) and are living in Milton Keynes, it would be great to share any info and if anyone is interested in arranging to meet up either before we go or when we arrive in Welly we'd like to join you.