British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Anyone from Taupo ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/anyone-taupo-718604/)

yorkylass May 27th 2011 9:19 am

Anyone from Taupo ?

Hi

We have been in NZ since Feb and living temporarily in Milford, Auckland. We are moving down to Taupo middle of July. Would be lovely to hear from anyone from Taupo that would like to meet up.

We have 3 kids: Kelly (18) who will be staying on here in Auckland and going to Massey Uni, Emma (9) and Ben (6).

Andrea and Dave :)

JenR Jun 3rd 2011 3:03 am

Re: Anyone from Taupo ?

Originally Posted by yorkylass (Post 9391305)
Hi

We have been in NZ since Feb and living temporarily in Milford, Auckland. We are moving down to Taupo middle of July. Would be lovely to hear from anyone from Taupo that would like to meet up.

We have 3 kids: Kelly (18) who will be staying on here in Auckland and going to Massey Uni, Emma (9) and Ben (6).

Sorry that no-one's replied to you yet! We're in Napier so not too far away in the grand scheme of things! x

hazeandsteve Jun 3rd 2011 5:12 am

We have replied Jen, but it via pm.
I'm working in Auckland at the airport for the next month or so, so just time for them bloody Norveners to settle in before we thrust ourselves upon them.
We'll drag you them out now and again, but there is a chance of us drinking (ir)responsibly!
Can I assume you have a tipple occassionally Yorkylass? Where in there by the way? I'm S6 by birth, but been dahn sahf for a while before heading this far south.

yorkylass Jun 3rd 2011 5:53 am

Hi Haze and Steve

Will be great to meet up when we get settled in, and we def up for a bit of responsible drinking !!!! :blink:

I'm originally from Yorkshire, but been living in Derbyshire for past 10 years before, landing in NZ in feb.

We have a house sorted out near Hilltop school, in fact we are going down for the weekend to finalise a few things with the house etc.

Keep in touch guys and let us know when convenient to meet you.
Andrea and Dave

marbles Jun 9th 2011 5:20 am

Hi,
Were in Rotorua which is only an hour away, we have 2 boys aged 6 and 9. Would love to get together with you for a chat and the for the kids to play.

charlcote Jun 29th 2011 9:53 am

Originally Posted by yorkylass (Post 9391305)
Hi

I pass through Taupo quite regularly - will be there next on July 14th and would be very happy to meet up for a drink.
I have one boy - 19, at uni.

yorkylass Jun 29th 2011 10:09 am

Hi

We are still in Auckland at the moment, but move to Taupo on the 16th July. So wont be there on the 14th - but please let us know when you are next there. Would be lovely to meet up for a drink.
Andrea :)

charlcote Jun 30th 2011 1:03 am

Originally Posted by yorkylass (Post 9464461)
Hi

We are still in Auckland at the moment, but move to Taupo on the 16th July. So wont be there on the 14th - but please let us know when you are next there. Would be lovely to meet up for a drink.
Andrea :)

OK, good luck with the move. I will be passing through again in a month or so, providing the weather report looks OK to go via the Desert Rd.
Hope you've stocked up on thermals! On the other hand, it seems to be one of the few places in NZ where people go for central heating - great use of natural hot water!

yorkylass Jul 20th 2011 11:51 pm

Hi all

We have finally arrived and all settled in. Loving Taupo and would love to meet up with anyone here or travelling through.

Andrea and Dave :D