British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Anyone in Sumner? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/anyone-sumner-456782/)

Dawn1972 Jun 8th 2007 11:49 am

Anyone in Sumner?

Hi we have found a home on Truro Street in Sumner,but have read on other threads that in parts of Sumner you can get boy racers ? How true this is I don`t know but can anyone shed any light on Sumner schools etc and perhaps this street.:confused:
Blessed be Dawn

eileen35 Jun 8th 2007 2:21 pm

Re: Anyone in Sumner?

Originally Posted by Dawn1972 (Post 4889275)
Hi we have found a home on Truro Street in Sumner,but have read on other threads that in parts of Sumner you can get boy racers ? How true this is I don`t know but can anyone shed any light on Sumner schools etc and perhaps this street.:confused:
Blessed be Dawn

hi there
stacey19 is in Sumner ,havent seen her around in a while though,you could try pm her.
Eileen

dreamfish Jun 8th 2007 9:21 pm

Blessed be Dawn

i dont want to sound like i am over generalising, but its my impression that just about every built up area in the cities have "boy racers" - during our recce, we didnt see them race as such. They just tend to tailgate, cut you up, play loud music and have bean can exhausts! However... once out of the car, they were almost human again, polite and courteous!!

stacey19 Jun 8th 2007 10:15 pm

Yes we are in sumner. You get boy racers everywhere but I dont think Sumner is the worst place for them, you get them especially on a fri and saturday night. They seem to like wizzing around the promenade then up and over to Taylors mistake. Its not too bad but can get noisy at night. Do you have any children? Maybe we could meet up!!!!

mcuddy1 Jun 9th 2007 9:45 am

Blessed be Dawn

Hi Dawn
The assholes as I call them love the city and any road that leads up to the port hills. Sumner, Cashmere, Mt Pleasent and others all have roads that lead there. Even on the small estates with families living there are not immune. Some parents find it acceptable to let their kids treat these roads as race tracks. Find a small road that leads nowhere and things might be ok. Good luck

Dawn1972 Jun 9th 2007 10:31 pm

Thanks for all your replies.As always very helpful and much appreciated.
Cheers:thumbsup:
Dawn.

dicknlyn Jun 11th 2007 5:57 am

Yep! The in-laws live in Sumner...well St. Andrew's Hill to be precise (right on Main Road). I can't imagine they have a problem with boy racers, cos they are A) getting on a bit. B)partially deaf, and C) they have double glazing lol!
By that I mean the rellies , not the boy racers, although heaven knows they must all be deaf too considering the volume emitted by their exhausts and stereos!! Who was it that passed the law on 15 year olds driving cars?

Dawn1972 Jun 11th 2007 9:52 am

Thanks dicknlyn for your comments lol...did make me chuckle.But value your comments.Thanks :)
Dawn