Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone sponsored their parents to NZ?

Anyone sponsored their parents to NZ?

Old Oct 13th 2006, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

fiona i is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone sponsored their parents to NZ?

Are you mad????? most people come out here to get away from them!!!!!!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Paladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud ofPaladin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sunshine_and_rain
Its hard actually. Its harder on the kids than us in many ways. They only have us here, and no one else that loves em like we do to spend time with. I get sad when my kids friends go fishing with Grandparents, or spend time at th beach with them. Grandparents Day at school is always really hard for me - and them, as well. You don't realise how important family, and a sense of 'belonging' really is until you don't have it - by that I mean for my kids, as I already have that imstilled from my childhood and my large family.
Hi Sunshine!

Nice to see you posting - just ignore the negative people and the rosies; your comments are always useful!

This thread is exactly why we have delayed our arrival in NZ. My daughters are young; youngest will be 1 at end October and the eldest wil be 3 in January! My OH would up and emigrate yesterday(!), but I can see how special this time is with the grand parents and vice versa. It is a bit of a sore point with my OH unfortunately but i can take the agro for a year so the 2 nannys can have this time etc! My mums best friend just died from lung cancer so there is at least one less tie for her to stay here and maybe more chance she will follow us out to NZ(not to be uncompassionate about it of course). I will be keeping my fingers crossed she does eventually come out and I have my suspicions she will as we lost my brother in 2003 so she only has me and the 2 granddaughters for immediate family now.

Good luck with your sponsoring of your parents!

Dave
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Never sponsored my MIL but, as she won't fly, she'll probably turn up on the same ship as our furniture!!! :scared: