Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Rangiora got kids in Primary school????

Anyone in Rangiora got kids in Primary school????

Old Aug 5th 2008, 7:59 pm
** My Beautiful Angel **

mum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant future
Default Anyone in Rangiora got kids in Primary school????

Hi Everyone
Has anyone got kids in Primary school in the Rangiora area please????
Have been searching for ages for Primary School and while there is a couple they all seem to have a large number of kids which attend them.
Our son will be 5 by the time we arrive in March 09 and is used to attending Pre-School 5 mornings a week and we don't want to then overwhelm him by putting him in a huge school with loads of pupils.
Does any parent have their kids in Primary who can give us a bit of advice please?
Many thanks
Old Aug 6th 2008, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Rangiora got kids in Primary school????

Hi, my daughter goes to Fernside and it is a wonderful little school of 200, however you do have to live in it's zone.

http://www.schoolzones.co.nz/enrolmentzones/Search.aspx

Fernside is a lovely area if you don't mind living out of 'town'.

I'm sure the wee fella will cope with a bigger school if he has to go in Rangiora, kiwi kids are pretty friendly as are most kids of that age. Good luck!
Old Aug 6th 2008, 9:06 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

The primary schools are all really good and really friendly. Our two go to Rangiora New Life School which takes age 5-18 and has a role of 320, so small classes but last I heard they had a waiting list and it is a Christian school with fees around $1,100 p/a so might not be what you're looking for. Southbrook Primary is lovely and I think smaller than the Borough School. Ashley School is a great small school - not sure if they are zoned, check on Woodlea's link. St Joseph's is a Catholic primary and again a small school. I think there are also primary schools at Sefton, Loburn, Waikuku, Woodend.

I remember when ours first started 'big' school and I think it is actually more daunting for mum than child! Our daughter was a very shy and nervous type and was always tearful going into class but as soon as she saw her little friends and the teacher she was fine.

You'll know yourself when you get here and visit a selection of schools which one will be right for your child by your gut reaction.

Good advice we got before moving over was to find the job first, school second, house/rental third. Without the job no income. Schools mostly (but not all) zoned so find the one to suit your kids and that will dictate the area to find your rental/house.
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:24 pm
** My Beautiful Angel **

mum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant future

Hi there
Thanks so much for that great advice. Have been having a real good look at the schools and areas today and some of then look ideal but your right we will have a few visits to different ones before we decide.
How long did you all leave it after you arrived before you put the kids in school?
Will now have to look into Kindy's and Creche facilities for the other two.
Thanks again