Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone out there have a house to let?

Anyone out there have a house to let?

Old Jun 7th 2005, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

fran & edd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone out there have a house to let?

Hi, we are coming to Tauranga 21st Aug and need to rent a house short term. Problem is we have a dog (adult staffie) and there seems to be a real shortage of rentals that allow dogs....

so thought we'd give this a go and see if anyone reading this has a self contained unit or house with a fenced garden available to rent - heres hoping!

Frances & Eddie
Old Jun 7th 2005, 11:01 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone out there have a house to let?

Originally Posted by fran & edd
Hi, we are coming to Tauranga 21st Aug and need to rent a house short term. Problem is we have a dog (adult staffie) and there seems to be a real shortage of rentals that allow dogs....

so thought we'd give this a go and see if anyone reading this has a self contained unit or house with a fenced garden available to rent - heres hoping!

Frances & Eddie
Hi guys, sorry I don't have a house to let so don't get too excited...but this is a link that Scottish posted for rentals which I think she said take pets... www.holidayhomes.co.nz - might be worth giving them a whirl if nobody else comes up with the goodies for you...good luck and enjoy your holiday....
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Hi guys, sorry I don't have a house to let so don't get too excited...but this is a link that Scottish posted for rentals which I think she said take pets... www.holidayhomes.co.nz - might be worth giving them a whirl if nobody else comes up with the goodies for you...good luck and enjoy your holiday....

thanks Pinkie there were a couple that allow dogs - emailed them so we'll see what they come back with...only problem with holiday homes is theyre much more expensive and we're looking for somewhere for up to 6 months til we buy somewhere (emigrating from Scotland). You never know tho they might rent at a lower rate for longer rental,

cheers

Fran & Edd

Old Jun 8th 2005, 1:49 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Fran, we lived in Papamoa and had no probs getting a rental that would take our dog. If you and your wee doggy are arriving at the same time theres an excellant kennels in between Papamoa and Te Puke that will take him/her and they have a brilliant reputation. In the short term for yourselves, until you get a rental sorted theres a complex next to Papamoa shopping Centre that do weekly short term 2 bed fully furnished lets for about $350pw. I can get the name of it if you want to pre book (think its called Papamoa Beach resort). The place has a pool, tennis courts and is 5 mins from the beach. Friends of ours stayed there whilst they were checking out a move from Auckland to Papamoa.

Also try this site www.eves.co.nz - daily rental list. Dont be put off with no dogs - alot say that but once the Realtor meets you, youll have no problems getting a rental. We paid an extra weeks bond and offered to have the carpets cleaned at the end of the tenancy. We had 2 rentals and were offered loads more.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

thanks for that Scottish..really helps to know we should be able to get somewhere once we meet the realtor (did hope this might be the case but nice to hear from someone whos done it)

cheers

Fran & Edd
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:26 pm

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Fran the lady at Eves told me its not that their anti dogs its the owners they vet. Can also recommend an excellant vet for the area, if you need it.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scottish
Fran the lady at Eves told me its not that their anti dogs its the owners they vet. Can also recommend an excellant vet for the area, if you need it.

unfortunately our wee dog is a regular visitor to the vet so to have a personal recommendation on one would be great, thanks