Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Orewa Area?

Anyone in Orewa Area?

Old Jun 8th 2008, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone in Orewa Area?

Hi there, Ive been thinking a lot about our life here in NZ and TBH have thought that one of the reasons we are finding life difficult here is due to a lack of good mates....Especially since we have had kids. Is there anyone else living near Orewa who is thinking this who would like to get together...especially if you have kids. Cheers
Old Jun 9th 2008, 4:40 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone in Orewa Area?

Hi,
My wife is in the same position, having come from having a really good social life to a non existant one (similar, due to kids) and she's finding it hard too.
We live in Manly just along the W'P penninsula and we'd be keen on a meet up, either with kids or without for a couple of beers etc.
Whereabouts are you living ?

Ali.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 5:18 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi we are and have a young family, up the hill in Red Beach.
There are a few more young families/mums out there who are members or lurk here.
Most of our friends come from sports clubs, school and church but we'll talk to anyone even forumites
MrsL went out for drinks with another forumite in hip-happening Orewa last weekend, well until the pub closed at 10pm!!
So there is hope.
Drop us a PM and we could meet up - if you can cope with a 2yr old who thinks he's 13 and a 6 year old that is mad on Star Wars.......
Same goes for Al - managed to get out of Vipond, so did we!!
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

I'm in Orewa and have 3 kids, 11, 3 & 2 yrs old. Maybe we should all get together with the kids and have a right good chinwag one day?

Drop us a PM and we'll sort something out

Michelle
Old Jun 9th 2008, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

And I still can't believe we got kicked out at 10pm! I even tried locking us in but no, they saw me
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Yeah maybe we could organise a meet up...Any takers?
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:32 pm
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light

You can count on me & Mrs Al & our tribe. Depending on when it's arranged for what with the shift pattern etc but would be a good idea and a good time !
Any thoughts on where ?

Al.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mmmmm not sure...There's not that many Kid Friendly places around thats for sure. There's always the "Sh1t and W*nker" in Orewa....Depends how old the kids are I suppose...Our two boys are 7 and 8 and love going there for a "Pint" with dad.
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:45 pm
Who me ?

Ha ha, not quite like the local back in UK eh !....how come you dislike it so much ?...there's always Muldoons, both beat my local of the Crow's Nest which is a dive, i've worked the door of some hole's before but that beats the lot !

Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Nah I actually think thats its the best of the bunch but it gets quite crowded especially on a Friday evening. Maybe we could do bowling or something like that...At least its child friendly and theres a bar
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:51 pm
Who me ?

That's a good idea, just i hate it when the kids beat me, even my 3 1/2 year old beats me....they love it though !
Old Jun 9th 2008, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

OK well lets see who else in interested and then we can put something on the Meet Up's forum...Hey you never know we might all actually get on....
Old Jun 10th 2008, 12:58 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Bowling sounds good - been to the alley a couple of times with the kids, even managed to win something on the extortion racket that is the token system in the amusement arcade......

With us we have to do anything with kids at the moment as we have a regular babysitter for one night a week as we are on the "Toolbox" course for problem parents.......and can't impose on her any more

Setting up a night out is tricky though, eh Michelle ?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Tooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud ofTooanfrom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fireman Al
Ha ha, not quite like the local back in UK eh !....how come you dislike it so much ?...there's always Muldoons, both beat my local of the Crow's Nest which is a dive, i've worked the door of some hole's before but that beats the lot !

Fireman Al---ain't got any ankle biters(other than a 50 kilo American Bulldog) like you I was (repeat was) in the best job in the world 20yrs at the sharp end of the LFB--but should you and your mates want a go at a "real" English pub-try "Speakers Corner" in Blowns Blay(yes I know it ain't PC but who gives a Rotund Rodents Ringpiece)--John and Trish the owners have young potential Kray gang members-sorrychildren, and will look after you.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:59 am
Who me ?

Originally Posted by Tooanfrom
Fireman Al---ain't got any ankle biters(other than a 50 kilo American Bulldog) like you I was (repeat was) in the best job in the world 20yrs at the sharp end of the LFB--but should you and your mates want a go at a "real" English pub-try "Speakers Corner" in Blowns Blay(yes I know it ain't PC but who gives a Rotund Rodents Ringpiece)--John and Trish the owners have young potential Kray gang members-sorrychildren, and will look after you.
Now that sounds like a plan, will have to meet up for a few of the finest. Unfortunately i'm posted down in Otahuhu so i'll just have to drag the Missus and a few of the boy's up here down, will have to arrange a time.... i'll have to introduce my dog to yours, 30 kilo Siberian Huskie....

Al.