Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

anyone from new zealand

anyone from new zealand

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

dundee is on a distinguished road
Question anyone from new zealand

seems to be loads of info for australia, can anyone give me an idea on life in new zealand
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 6:11 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone from new zealand

Originally Posted by dundee
seems to be loads of info for australia, can anyone give me an idea on life in new zealand
10 sheep for every man, loadsa space & freedom, easy to do your own thing, easy to set up a business, economy is healthy, wages in salaried jobs are poor, NZ is as modern a country as any in the OECD with good infrastructures, weather is better than UK, 10 sheep for every man.
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Don
10 sheep for every man, loadsa space & freedom, easy to do your own thing, easy to set up a business, economy is healthy, wages in salaried jobs are poor, NZ is as modern a country as any in the OECD with good infrastructures, weather is better than UK, 10 sheep for every man.
cheers. do you know if social work and electric cable jointers are okay for getting jobs. poorer wages but i've heard cost of living is lower than here as well.
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 8:17 pm
farmer nr Queenstown NZ

deedee is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Don

A quite brilliant description of NZ summed up in so few words!
<just ducking out of uk 2 nz as it's getting ugly>
Actually, your really needed over there Don, add a little spice to the ladies who lunch on line.

I agree whith Don, 10 sheep to every person!Great place too
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 2:41 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

There is a dairy cow for every man, woman and child as well, now - confirmed excitedly on the news last week!
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 5:53 am
Don
Banned

Originally Posted by deedee
A quite brilliant description of NZ summed up in so few words!
<just ducking out of uk 2 nz as it's getting ugly>
Actually, your really needed over there Don, add a little spice to the ladies who lunch on line.

I have a look from time to time, half of them should be banned if he used the same criteria
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 5:56 am
Don
Banned

cheers. do you know if social work and electric cable jointers are okay for getting jobs. poorer wages but i've heard cost of living is lower than here as well.
Social work probably a shoo in, don't know about t'other.

Cost of living, yep certain things are cheaper such as Jap import cars, petrol/ diesel, good meat, housing. Some things are not that much different to UK, eg utilities, other food.
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Heath17 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a number of NZ only forums which will be more informative than here as the ex-pats site is more geared for Aus.
www.emigratenz.org have a look here under forums very informative.
www.movetonz.org same as above.
Hope these help
www.*****.co.uk also this one as well
Old Oct 4th 2004, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

We are in NZ and we love it. Well summed up Don.
Any specific questions just ask

Gill and Rob
Old Oct 4th 2004, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: anyone from new zealand

Originally Posted by Heath17
There are a number of NZ only forums which will be more informative than here as the ex-pats site is more geared for Aus.
www.emigratenz.org have a look here under forums very informative.
www.movetonz.org same as above.
Hope these help
www.*****.co.uk also this one as well
thanks, have managed to get some info from these sights.
Old Oct 4th 2004, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
We are in NZ and we love it. Well summed up Don.
Any specific questions just ask

Gill and Rob
we're hoping to move in about three years. Don't know if i'm too early to get the ball rolling, how long did it take for you? All the paperwork and stuff is scaring me already, bad point about being the form filler for all the family! Are holiday entitlements from work (if you can get any) similar to here?
Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:17 am
Forum Regular

74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: anyone from new zealand

Moved to Wellington a year ago,then moved to Hawkes Bay 6 weeks later. Have five kid's so consider ourselves experts in that field!
happy to answer any questions you have.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:45 am
wombat42

Most New Zealanders don't know what it is like to live in New Zealand , because most of them left the place years ago and live in Australia.
Its a place where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.
The Prime Minister is some far-left lesbian feminist woman that has sent the country bankrupt and weather is cold and the beaches crap compared to OZ.

Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: anyone from new zealand

Can't remember the last time a New Zealander got bitten by a poisionous snake! Could be right about the prime minister tho, however the economy is good and strong here.
Originally Posted by wombat42
Most New Zealanders don't know what it is like to live in New Zealand , because most of them left the place years ago and live in Australia.
Its a place where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.
The Prime Minister is some far-left lesbian feminist woman that has sent the country bankrupt and weather is cold and the beaches crap compared to OZ.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Took us 7 months to get here after deciding to emigrate.

What line of work are you looking into? Why the 3 year wait?
Holiday entitlement !!! now thats a laugh, three weeks is the norm, going up to 4 weeks in I think 2006. Depending on your line of work you could try negotiating more.

As for our Helen.....I'm sure she could do with an Anne Widdecombe make over !!!!, auburn highlights, eyebrows trimmed and shaped and lipstick that enhances rather than makes her narrow lips even narrower. A challenge for the best of make over shows.

Gill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.