Reload this Page >

Anyone in new plymouth????

Anyone in new plymouth????

Old Apr 7th 2009, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

kiwisteph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in new plymouth????

Hi there

I have been looking through past threads and see there are a few of you in New Plymouth, and wondered if you could all help me with some advice please.

We live in Wellington at the moment and my husbands job may be moving to NP so i was wondering if someone could advice me on nice areas, areas to avoid. Good primary schools and kindys/creche's please.

We are looking at being out in the suburbs or countryside away from the hussle & bussle and near the beach.

Any help would be grand, thanks
Old Apr 7th 2009, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Anyone in new plymouth????

Anyone please
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

bump
Old Apr 8th 2009, 1:15 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwisteph
bump
edge of the world NP. There probabily are people there but they are all on super fast kiwi dial-up, so surfing takes soooooome time.

Give them chance
Old Apr 8th 2009, 2:23 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Anyone in new plymouth????

The first time I went to New Plymouth I nearly ended up driving the wrong way down a one way street.
Old Apr 8th 2009, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Browner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond reputeBrowner_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
edge of the world NP. There probabily are people there but they are all on super fast kiwi dial-up, so surfing takes soooooome time.

Give them chance
Ones who can use a computer??????
Old Apr 8th 2009, 5:39 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Browner_
Ones who can use a computer??????
love the way all NP'ers have leaped to their defence. Obviously they are too busy battening down for the winters storms. Bless
Old Apr 8th 2009, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

hiya

yes us newbies in np seem to be off the boil at the moment and the leader of the local girly pac, caz , with the rest of the coven seem to have gone quiet lol
the advice i was given when we planned to come here was avoid marfell and spotswood and every were else will be great. many of the suburbs in town are really nice and the schools all have quite good reps. i live in brooklands which is near the park and is only a couple of minutes from the nightmare of the one way system which you do get use to in town. if you wanna live out of town there is okato, inglewood and bell block which all involve a drive of varying times and distance.
if i am to say anything about the area, i can and will say this, its home, i have been in nz for a little over 4 months and i feel at home, people and area are great and i will find it hard to move if the need ever arises. if you have any other questions feel free to ask .

jim
Old Apr 8th 2009, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

hi there

sorry i didnt see the thread until now, god knows how i missed it. i have a pm to reply to which i promise i will very soon, just been busy.. btw internet better here than it was in uk so thats not a reason mr sparkie down under

I wonder if any of the people that slag np off have ever been here hmmmm , my kiwi friend advised gary not to take the job he has and not to come to np , turned out he had never been here b4 , funny thing is he is a kiwi and couldnt get a job.

any way back to thread, as jim said avoid marfell and spotswood, the rest are all lovely, some beautiful houses and some shitty ones too just like rest of nz. out of this world scenery esp where i stay in inglewood 12 minutes drive from town, theres some lovely scenic lakes en route and just lovely, I promise i will put pics up soon for everyone. schools here are very good, esp the one jims boy is at . If you want right next to beach fitzroy is lovely too but everywhere only a few minutes to get to beach. town centre right in the coast which is lovely and i think lots of shops and lots off cafes to. there are a few night clubs but never been as worked in them all my life kind of sick of them now lol, lots of wee bars, there is a theatre here called que theatre which is on my street and gets very busy. we have tsb bowl where we get lots going on there, we host womad, i could go on forever, oh seems to be loads of jobs too on offer i just suppose it depends if they the ones for you.

we have a lovely womans coven going though a bit quiet these days as debs got a blooming job hahah well done hun .... you know i finished that wine on sat lol

lets just say np is amzaing , ive been to another place which im not going to name as alot love it but lets just say im glad we didnt move there as i would of hated it , here was home from day 1 and i aint moving

oh yea we get great weather , yea we get rain but hey we need that to keep the place looking so lush , but we had temps here in inglewood off 33 most of the summer and these days around 22ish so cant complain

anyway hope some of this helps

caz x
Old Apr 8th 2009, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jim & Caz

Thanks so much for your helpful replies. Don't worry i have learnt to ignore the stupid reply's on here. We have everything crossed that my OH gets the job, i have a good feeling about NP, it looks homely and i havent heard any bad negatives yet.
Were going to have a drive up and look around the areas and drop in a few schools/estate agents etc. We have seen some fab houses so i hope OH gets the job. Fed up with this area it doesnt feel like home and is not what we wanted out of life when we came here so fingers crossed hey
Some pics would be fab Caz thanks.

Any other tips will be good will be most welcome
Old Apr 19th 2009, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Hi there

I have been looking through past threads and see there are a few of you in New Plymouth, and wondered if you could all help me with some advice please.

We live in Wellington at the moment and my husbands job may be moving to NP so i was wondering if someone could advice me on nice areas, areas to avoid. Good primary schools and kindys/creche's please.

We are looking at being out in the suburbs or countryside away from the hussle & bussle and near the beach.

Any help would be grand, thanks
Hi There we have been in NP nearly 6 mths now and i would say if you want to be near the beach but not to rural i would suggest you look around the Oakura part it is fantastic there, we intend to get there one day....
I would probably also suggest a weekend visit or something... Give us a shout if you want putting up for a few days whilst you have nosey round!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by aalls73
Hi There we have been in NP nearly 6 mths now and i would say if you want to be near the beach but not to rural i would suggest you look around the Oakura part it is fantastic there, we intend to get there one day....
I would probably also suggest a weekend visit or something... Give us a shout if you want putting up for a few days whilst you have nosey round!!!!
Hi there, Thanks for the offer of staying, that's really kind of you. Funny enough we have booked to stay in a Bach next weekend so we can have a nosey around
We have been looking at the Oakura area as it does look lovely, hopefully we can get some appointments while were there to check out some houses
Will drive around and get a feel for the area, school locations, Kindys etc.
So how do you find the area after 6 months there? Do you have kids at school? Were hoping NP has more of a friendly community feel. No one talks to us here (apart from a really good couple we know) its very off putting how un friendly this area is, it doesnt hurt to say hello and smile. :curse:
Oh well here hoping NP is and area of friendly bods
Old Apr 19th 2009, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

deb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nice
Red face Re: Anyone in new plymouth????

Hi there

Moving to New Plymouth in the next few months, been looking at houses on the web, could anyone give us the heads up on Waitara, would you recommend it to your best friend.

Heard lots of good things about Inglewood,Fitzroy and Bell Block but nothing about Waitara. Is there a reason for this?

Only the better half & yours truly emigrating so no need of a school, but also no need for a bingo hall or old folks home just yet.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deb_steve
Hi there

Moving to New Plymouth in the next few months, been looking at houses on the web, could anyone give us the heads up on Waitara, would you recommend it to your best friend.

Heard lots of good things about Inglewood,Fitzroy and Bell Block but nothing about Waitara. Is there a reason for this?

Only the better half & yours truly emigrating so no need of a school, but also no need for a bingo hall or old folks home just yet.
Personally i wouldn't recommend Waitara to my worse enemy lol...
Inglewood is about 15 mins from NP and the same goes for Bell Block its slighty out of town,
Where do you want to be in regards to Parks/City Centre/Beach/Walks?????
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there, Thanks for the offer of staying, that's really kind of you. Funny enough we have booked to stay in a Bach next weekend so we can have a nosey around
We have been looking at the Oakura area as it does look lovely, hopefully we can get some appointments while were there to check out some houses
Will drive around and get a feel for the area, school locations, Kindys etc.
So how do you find the area after 6 months there? Do you have kids at school? Were hoping NP has more of a friendly community feel. No one talks to us here (apart from a really good couple we know) its very off putting how un friendly this area is, it doesnt hurt to say hello and smile. :curse:
Oh well here hoping NP is and area of friendly bods
Hi we absolutely love it here everyone is sooooo friendly and we have made some good friends, we have 2 girls 8 & 5 and they love it too, it's very Family orientated here in NP with families doing lots together..

Hope you like Oakura there are a few properties there to rent at the moment...
Enjoy and have a nice weekend, give us a shout if you need anything else...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.