Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone in new plymouth????

Anyone in new plymouth????

Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in new plymouth????

Originally Posted by deb_steve
Hi there

Moving to New Plymouth in the next few months, been looking at houses on the web, could anyone give us the heads up on Waitara, would you recommend it to your best friend.

Heard lots of good things about Inglewood,Fitzroy and Bell Block but nothing about Waitara. Is there a reason for this?

Only the better half & yours truly emigrating so no need of a school, but also no need for a bingo hall or old folks home just yet.
wouldnt touch it with a bargepole , hope that answers though you would get a huge house for pennys... it is a bit out of town also, way by bell block i'd say 20 minutes atleast.

i can vouch for inglewood as i live here, i wouldnt stay in np its self now after being here, I like the far enough out of town but close enough feel if you know what i mean. Its just so friendly here so you wont have to worry about that , every day i walk to work and everyone says good morning etc , i love it.. also im only 15 minutes to beach so being out of town doesnt make a difference for me going there atall as its a lovely drive there

caz
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

deb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nice
Red face Re: Anyone in new plymouth????

I thank for that, really helps

What do folk do for entertainment, what is tv like,(can't be much worse than the 100 or so channel of rubbish I watch at the mo), are there any 'pubs'.

I know I sound like I am talking about a third world country but you never know what to expect. (Hope you know what I mean), Its all so new.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by deb_steve
I thank for that, really helps

What do folk do for entertainment, what is tv like,(can't be much worse than the 100 or so channel of rubbish I watch at the mo), are there any 'pubs'.

I know I sound like I am talking about a third world country but you never know what to expect. (Hope you know what I mean), Its all so new.
HA Ha Ha Well where do we start there's always something happening here...
Plus you have the Beach/Aquatic Centre/Parks/Rivers/Walkway and lots more to keep you entertained as for the TV well its pretty crap here to 80 odd channels and nothing on most of the time!!!!!
Plenty of Pubs and Resturants everything catered for really Chinese/Indian/Pizza/Italian/Thai you name it it's here along with all the facourites (YUK) McD's, BK, KFC
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

kiwisteph is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, tv's not that brilliant here so we don't watch a lot of it, we tend to us a dvd rental company who send dvd's by post (not sure if i can mention them on here ) which is excellent. We have friends round or talk to people in UK on line so don't bank on the tv to much Unless you enjoy American stuff on satellite channel
Old Apr 19th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

deb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nicedeb_steve is just really nice
Red face Re: Anyone in new plymouth????

Thanks for that, all sounds pretty good to me.

At the moment we have a stack of dvd's that would reach the top of Blackpool Tower. (maybe a bit of an exaggeration) so that sound great to me.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone in NP, been looking at property in Inglewood but someone has told me some negatives about this area. Can anyone enlighten me anymore please or are they just being really negative. We have an appointment to look at a house there at the weekend, dont want to start off with the wrong outlook.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwisteph
Hi everyone in NP, been looking at property in Inglewood but someone has told me some negatives about this area. Can anyone enlighten me anymore please or are they just being really negative. We have an appointment to look at a house there at the weekend, dont want to start off with the wrong outlook.
hi steph

i live in inglewood and its a fantastic wee town,we love it that much we have bought a section here. you used to be able to buy houses here cheaper than np town but now on a par, alot of people want to move here. got all the shops you need on your doorstep but only 12 minutes into town for weekly shop and beaches etc, everyone very friendly etc

what street is it you are going to view house ??

caz
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
hi steph

i live in inglewood and its a fantastic wee town,we love it that much we have bought a section here. you used to be able to buy houses here cheaper than np town but now on a par, alot of people want to move here. got all the shops you need on your doorstep but only 12 minutes into town for weekly shop and beaches etc, everyone very friendly etc

what street is it you are going to view house ??

caz
Hi Caz

Were going to look at one in Upper Dudley Road. What that street like? Do you know the nearest primary school.
Great to get info from some one who's there

Jackie
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

We looked to buy a house there but in the end the house came with 4 acres of land and we decided it was to much.. upper dudley road is 2 minutes from me on the outskirts of inglewood( my house one of last few on main road) so more in the country kinda thing you would need your car to drive to mainstreet inglewood but only 2 minutes drive so not bad atall. we would of bought the house if it had come with less land to be honest. inglweood has a great wee community , we just love it. i work in macfarlanes on the main street you will see it driving through town to get to house you wanting to see., there is a street called faber place and its all new brick houses , im sure one up for rent its a 3 bed im sure it was harcourts and i think 350 a week though dont hold me to that.

how cool if you move here though , atleast you will know me lol

caz
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

We looked to buy a house there but in the end the house came with 4 acres of land and we decided it was to much.. upper dudley road is 2 minutes from me on the outskirts of inglewood( my house one of last few on main road) so more in the country kinda thing you would need your car to drive to mainstreet inglewood but only 2 minutes drive so not bad atall. we would of bought the house if it had come with less land to be honest. inglweood has a great wee community , we just love it. i work in macfarlanes on the main street you will see it driving through town to get to house you wanting to see., there is a street called faber place and its all new brick houses , im sure one up for rent its a 3 bed im sure it was harcourts and i think 350 a week though dont hold me to that.

how cool if you move here though , atleast you will know me lol

caz
Thanks for that Caz, this house has 1.75acres which is great, we have 3 kids under 5 so we wanted plenty of land so they can go wild in the garden lol.
We rent here at the moment and have no garden, now are ready to buy, i just want to clean my own house and not someone elses for a change ha ha.
Looking forward to some space around us for a change. We have 5 houses around the area to look at this weekend so really excited.
Bonus to know your in the area
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that Caz, this house has 1.75acres which is great, we have 3 kids under 5 so we wanted plenty of land so they can go wild in the garden lol.
We rent here at the moment and have no garden, now are ready to buy, i just want to clean my own house and not someone elses for a change ha ha.
Looking forward to some space around us for a change. We have 5 houses around the area to look at this weekend so really excited.
Bonus to know your in the area
awww thats great then , i think i know the house..is it the brick one? ive seen it on a flyer if it is... we ended up buying just half an acre, 4 was just 2 much grass to mow lol... in inglewood most houses seem to have lots of land not squashed in the way they are in main town... there are like everywhere some real sheds though so dont be put off cos there are plenty lovely houses too all in all a fab town

caz
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

awww thats great then , i think i know the house..is it the brick one? ive seen it on a flyer if it is... we ended up buying just half an acre, 4 was just 2 much grass to mow lol... in inglewood most houses seem to have lots of land not squashed in the way they are in main town... there are like everywhere some real sheds though so dont be put off cos there are plenty lovely houses too all in all a fab town

caz
Hi Caz

Yer its the brick bungalow with the black/grey roof.
My oh wants a ride on mower - men and there toys
Hate being squashed in and over looked, feel like a fish in a bowl ha ha

Jackie
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

hey caz

a super sub for the coven for when deb and i move to blenheim lol

inglewood is a great place and caz and gary are great people as are everyone we have met since we have been here

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jimanddebs

hey caz

a super sub for the coven for when deb and i move to blenheim lol

inglewood is a great place and caz and gary are great people as are everyone we have met since we have been here

Did you have to remind me my best mate is moving away from me

but yea steph will help fill the void lol

was gonna ask what you were doing on the computer, just remembered its thurs and your day off... hope up have done all your chores lol
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Caz

Were going to look at one in Upper Dudley Road. What that street like? Do you know the nearest primary school.
Great to get info from some one who's there

Jackie
meant to say , the local primary school gets a fab review, apparently lots from np try get thier kids in to it, also high school good

well i must be off to work , start at 12 and have to drop lucy at nursery ( rainbow nursery is great also btw lucy loves it , i spoend half an hour trying to get her to leave her pals at end of day lol)

caz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.