Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Anyone needing a Hairdresser???

Anyone needing a Hairdresser???

Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Anyone needing a Hairdresser???

My wife is a self-employed hairdresser...When we come across to NZ (July??) She doesn't want to commit to a job due to childcare (mainly holiday time). Let us know if you would like a good quality hairdresser? This way she could plan ahead to see if this would be a feasible job to pursue when we come.
(Off course excellent rate for expats)!!!!

Cheers
Old Apr 29th 2007, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone needing a Hairdresser???

Where are you thinking of moving to? I am looking for a new one!
Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:23 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

NZ is crying out for good hairdressers, in fact NZ is crying out for hairdressers, full stop. It does not have hairdressers, more hairchoppers.

She'll do just fine.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Yes yes yes
My first haircut here was good, I went back to the same hairdresser last week (only about 7 weeks after the first haircut) and she remembered me, my kids, my job, where we were renting, where we had moved to etc but cut my hair differently and not quite right - where are you planning to move to????
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:42 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by donnaf
Yes yes yes
My first haircut here was good, I went back to the same hairdresser last week (only about 7 weeks after the first haircut) and she remembered me, my kids, my job, where we were renting, where we had moved to etc but cut my hair differently and not quite right - where are you planning to move to????
What does your hair look like now, then?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:51 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mazi
What does your hair look like now, then?
Well the fringe looks like I've cut it myself and the layers don't quite sit flat so it sort of bulges out over my ears when it's just been dried. Danny will probably say it looks the same but you know when you are used to doing your hair and it just doesn't go in the same way, it's just not right.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 12:54 am
Account Closed

Well the fringe looks like I've cut it myself and the layers don't quite sit flat so it sort of bulges out over my ears when it's just been dried. Danny will probably say it looks the same but you know when you are used to doing your hair and it just doesn't go in the same way, it's just not right.
I know. Bulging over the ears sounds pretty though.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

I have been really happy with my hairdresser, who is South American. His prices are good, the service excellent, its a quiet salon so normally its two hours to sit, have some innane chat, read a mag, have a coffee. But the last time I went, in February, to have my highlights done, I came out with dark brown hair! Not sure what went wrong, it was funny though because he acted like nothing was different! He put it right the next day, but it a bit of a shock. I did actually like it, but it was summer and I was a bit brown and sort of liked the blonde highlights, so was suprised as he was drying it and it looked almost black!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mazi
I know. Bulging over the ears sounds pretty though.
Pretty awful!

Jude - did he even comment or did you have to point it out to him?
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Pretty awful!

Jude - did he even comment or did you have to point it out to him?
Honestly, I had to point it out! The strange thing is, when I went in he was raving about how lovely my hair looked when it is blonder, because it had been bleached a bit by the sun. He was doing the roots and asked if I wanted to keep it the lighter shade of blonde as it suited me at the time. Normally I am far to pale to have light blonde hair. I agreed, and it wasn't until it was almost dry that I could finally speak up! I wasn't upset, just trying not to laugh, because he was chatting away but he MUST have been thinking 'bollocks, look what I have done' or something along those lines
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

He must have been hoping that in true Brit style you would hve been too polite too mention it.
When we were in the UK Danny went to the barbers, he had been going to the same one for ages, and asked for the usual. The barber got out the clippers and shaved off all Danny's hair, right down the middle. Danny was going "that's not what I usually have" and words to that effect and the barber stopped and asked Danny what did he want him to do! When he came home he shouted through the letter box "it's not my fault, I didn't ask for this" before he came in as he knew I would go nuts. Needless to say he quite liked it and kept it pretty much shaven after that, even though I keep telling him he looks like a football hooligan.
Old Apr 30th 2007, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Hi All......It seems you can all do with my wifes professional touch....We are hoping to move to North Shore, round about July. My job is in the centre of Auckland, but we are not city dwellers I'm afraid.

Keep the offers coming!!!

All the Best and hope to meet some of you soon!!
Old Apr 30th 2007, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

He must have been hoping that in true Brit style you would hve been too polite too mention it.
When we were in the UK Danny went to the barbers, he had been going to the same one for ages, and asked for the usual. The barber got out the clippers and shaved off all Danny's hair, right down the middle. Danny was going "that's not what I usually have" and words to that effect and the barber stopped and asked Danny what did he want him to do! When he came home he shouted through the letter box "it's not my fault, I didn't ask for this" before he came in as he knew I would go nuts. Needless to say he quite liked it and kept it pretty much shaven after that, even though I keep telling him he looks like a football hooligan.
What ??? His hair has grown since ??? Thats one mean haircut

Dirk
Old Apr 30th 2007, 11:43 am

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

If it is of any help an Aussie woman i worked with in Christchurch said she thought that Brits are the best hairdressers in the world and she has been about the world.
Old May 11th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

My wife is keen do get going when we arrive.

Colours, cuts, meche (excuse my spelling??), Hair-up (nights out,weddings, etc)..basically, anything you get at the hairdressers.

Tnx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.