Reload this Page >

Advice about emigrating to NZ

Advice about emigrating to NZ

Old Oct 15th 2020, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

claire.jago is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice about emigrating to NZ

Hi everyone🙋🏼‍♀️

Im new here and at the start of my emigration process.
Nurse working in the UK and wanting to go to live/work in NZ with my family.

- Can I do it without an recruitment company? The prices are extortionate!

- affordable, nice area to live for an outdoorsy family who love city comforts.

- should I get job offer before anything? Like: applying to NZ nursing council, doing EOI application,
visa, health check?
Is there an order I should do all this?

I've read so much my head is spinning and not sure what to do first, but don’t want to fork out over 6k to a recruitment agency if I can do it myself for 3-4K.

Thank you in advance for any advice offered. its much appreciated!

Claire 😁

Last edited by claire.jago; Oct 15th 2020 at 1:16 pm.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice about emigrating to NZ

Originally Posted by claire.jago
Hi everyone🙋🏼‍♀️

Im new here and at the start of my emigration process.
Nurse working in the UK and wanting to go to live/work in NZ with my family.

- Can I do it without an recruitment company? The prices are extortionate!

- affordable, nice area to live for an outdoorsy family who love city comforts.

- should I get job offer before anything? Like: applying to NZ nursing council, doing EOI application,
visa, health check?
Is there an order I should do all this?

I've read so much my head is spinning and not sure what to do first, but don’t want to fork out over 6k to a recruitment agency if I can do it myself for 3-4K.

Thank you in advance for any advice offered. its much appreciated!

Claire 😁
If it was me.
I would apply for my NZ registration what ever practice I do.
Get a job secured.
Health checks and police checks.
Then apply for a visa.
Me personally I wouldn't come out here without a job offer on the table before leaving the UK with a family.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

You definitely don't need an agency

Affordable is a relative term. It depends on your current situation.
Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington are all extremely expensive and despite covid, house prices here are rocketing.

Look on "trade me" for house prices.
One roof, homes nz, real estate nz are also good for guide prices, but remember, many sell for way more than the asking price

Sorry can't help with anything else
Old Oct 15th 2020, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

This might help:

https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/wh.../uk#section--8

It's always more beneficial to have a job before you go.
Old Oct 15th 2020, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the job situation directly via the District Health Boards websites, you should not need to use an agency. As I understand there has been no shortage of nurses in recent years with an oversupply of new graduates and now with 1000s of Kiwis coming back and fewer people leaving to go overseas because of Covid, jobs will be much harder to come by. See https://www.kiwihealthjobs.com/

Old Nov 4th 2020, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

You can also try accent health recruitment, they are free for job seekers and full of advice
Old Nov 6th 2020, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

Are visas still being issued to people with job offers?
Thought processing was halted at the moment.
Old Nov 6th 2020, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
Are visas still being issued to people with job offers?
Thought processing was halted at the moment.
OP threw the question out there before recent announcements and hasn't been back to respond; but most visa routes have been suspended for further six months from October 2020. You also have to consider that jobs will, and are, becoming harder to come by, with an oversupply of workers in many sectors (although health probably is not one of them) and many 'Kiwis' / visa holders continuing to repatriate and retreat back to NZ because of Covid and Politics (Trump and Boris). We live in unprecedented times and there's new stuff coming out all the time.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...lable-for-jobs

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Nov 6th 2020 at 6:39 pm.